Page 5 of 100

Why can't Ibanez put their Premium instruments inside of a case instead of their paper bag like gig bags?
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Tostitos, sorry to hear about that. Relations can be difficult, and it can get really painful when you realize that :S . Cheer up!

To dark Mass, well... There's not really much i could say but to hope you to overcome this as healthier and quick as possible.

To both of you, I'll give you a nice bass with a weird wood color to bring it up fo' ya. From Argentina's best, Daniel Fernández:

On the bass wars video. That's a very well made video! Because you get a nice comparison AND it is enjoyable to watch. I have to admit I enjoyed the Streamer the most. Still, I am deeply in love with Stingray's tone (fretted one). I've been doing some research and if well i actually don't have enough money to do so, I'll be making a luthier made bass to my specifications, but going after a Stingray's tone. The good thing is that I could get the tone I love, and make a bass that looks good (Stingrays, let's face it, are ugly looking basses) and also that has a slimmer neck (a là Jazz Bass). Anyway, that's not going to happen in the near future, but i know it's the way to go.

BTW, do you guys think that the Stingray pre and puup from seymour duncan are good enough?? It would be a 5 string. I've heard mixed things about them
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i2c5FQT0HM

This would explain why my neighbor's kids screaming "holy shit" all afternoon long. I don't mind me since I'm used to hearing it.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Heyy bass forunm, whats toy o on g on Rt inifhy??
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos

RUM!

Quote by dark Mass
This would explain why my neighbor's kids screaming "holy shit" all afternoon long. I don't mind me since I'm used to hearing it.

No part of that video was remotely okay.
Last edited by Spaz91 at Apr 28, 2013,

I find myself oddly GASing for this bass.

Quote by Tostitos

Drunk mod post FTW
^ It looks like what would happen if Reverend smashed a Jaguar and a T Bird together. I like it.

Quote by Spaz91
RUM!

Ugggghh, no rum. It was just cheap ass beer (Rainier), and I'm paying for it this morning
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Heyy bass forunm

I was ROFL at that point already
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
That bass is kind of like that nerdy chick in school who is quite cute but you can't quite say why.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Is it a short scale? It looks like it is. And I believe there is a special place in hell reserved for anyone who buys a lavender-colored bass. But the figured neck almost makes up for it.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Apr 28, 2013,
Quote by anarkee
I could so rock that colour.

Even Prince couldn't rock Lavender. It is a truly evil shade, though on the plus side it is probably decadent enough to kill a Goth at fifty paces.
Quote by Spaz91

Thunderbuckers make me want a Mike Lull bass. (If their headstocks didn't look so ugly.)

They look better painted (but then again so do most headstocks).

I'd kill for an NRT4/5. And I'd do a lot of other bad things for a PT4, or any of the other P's for that matter.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
^ It's like a Schecter and a Dean had a the worlds ugliest T Bird baby. And then that bass baby got hit by a truck, and this is what's left of it.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
^ It's like a Schecter and a Dean had a the worlds ugliest T Bird baby. And then that bass baby got hit by a truck, and this is what's left of it.

EDIT:It's more like this...
Last edited by dark Mass at Apr 30, 2013,
It's a Dean! It's supposed to be as ugly as sin!

One thing you have to give the folks over at Dean: they're consistent. Although it does make you wonder what kinds of drugs they are ingesting on a regular basis. How else can one account for their product designs?
Quote by FatalGear41
It's a Dean! It's supposed to be as ugly as sin!

One thing you have to give the folks over at Dean: they're consistent. Although it does make you wonder what kinds of drugs they are ingesting on a regular basis. How else can one account for their product designs?

Well it's one of Dean Zelinsky's companies so it should be ugly as sin.
With a little bit of tweaking, that bass could look good. But that headstock... Ew. And some of those finishes just don't look good with that style.
Quote by edgeyyz
With a little bit of tweaking, that bass could look good. But that headstock... Ew. And some of those finishes just don't look good with that style.

I'll take absolutely anything from Cataldo
Oh man that eight string g&r bass, the third down is beautiful!

Edit now I'm upset that I've never had the chance to play a eight string
What's worse than a drummer who had a complete emotional breakdown?

A vocalist who thinks he's god in human form.
Quote by dark Mass
What's worse than a drummer who had a complete emotional breakdown?

A vocalist who thinks he's god in human form.

Dude, you'll have to wonder why you end up being around those kind of people. It can't be that you find one of these people as often as you change your underwear!

On the DBZ "thunderbird". I agree they're ugly, but i think the headstock and inlays are the principal factors of ugliness. and that wierd cutaway. and the knobs. and the p-guard...
Quote by FatalGear41

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Sudaka
Dude, you'll have to wonder why you end up being around those kind of people. It can't be that you find one of these people as often as you change your underwear!

The Bay Area and Central Coast of CA (and I suspect the So Cal / LA area), creates environments where there are a decent amount of musicians and supportive culture. It also tends to ergo breed some egos that are just amazing. I don't think I've been in a single band where there hasn't been some drama, small or great.

Btw. If you happen to read the editorial in Bass Player mag this month, Brian Fox talks about the "drama" in a band his in. One of my friends is in that band and believe me, the issues are HUGE in that group.
The problem is rooted in the people who are good to work with being snapped up instantly. All you're left with are the smelly floater personalities who are desperate to get into a band to control and show off. I'm one of them, hence my list of gigs currently numbering 2.
Quote by anarkee
The Bay Area and Central Coast of CA (and I suspect the So Cal / LA area), creates environments where there are a decent amount of musicians and supportive culture. It also tends to ergo breed some egos that are just amazing. I don't think I've been in a single band where there hasn't been some drama, small or great.

Btw. If you happen to read the editorial in Bass Player mag this month, Brian Fox talks about the "drama" in a band his in. One of my friends is in that band and believe me, the issues are HUGE in that group.

+1

Anyways it's always my GM band that has this issues with the drummers and vocalists. My Avant Garde/ Experimental metal bands don't have issues since all the members are quite level headed. Though do have some small disagreements on the musical direction where the bands should head next.
We're currently looking on a way to break the news to our vocalist/guitarist about kicking him out. The guy put the band together but has been MIA for the past 5 monthes right after we played our biggest show. We have a new guitarist and the lead guitarist is far more capable of lead vocals anyway. That being said, being in a band with 3 lead guitars is getting on my nerves a bit.
I'm surprised you get anything done at practice at all.

I once played with a guitarist who would go around and unplug everyone else's amp, take the drummer's sticks, and make everyone sit on the couch and watch him wank away at these awful little fills in between songs. Dem egos man...
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by anarkee

It is even worse down here in La-La Land. There is no shortage of talentless hacks who think that simply because they live and jam in L.A., they simply must be rock stars. And the crazy boasts they make on a regular basis! I wish I had a dollar for every fool who insists that he is the greatest thing since Jimmy Page simply because he played (insert name of Sunset Strip club here). What he won't tell you is that at a lot of the clubs on the Strip, you have to pay them in order to appear. That is hardly a difficult standard to meet.

Artists and ego go together like a hand and a glove, but the extremes to which a great many of them take it is simply beyond belief. It is also annoying as hell.

Thank God I'm a bassist. I'd hate to think of what an asshole I'd become if I could sing.
Last edited by FatalGear41 at May 1, 2013,
Am I the only one who doesn't think that DBZ looks that bad? granted, the headstock isn't great but I certainly don't think it's the ugliest bass I've seen...

Quote by FatalGear41

Thank God I'm a bassist. I'd hate to think of what an asshole I'd become if I could sing.

I can sing and I'm not an asshole (I don't think...)
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at May 1, 2013,
Quote by eddiehimself
Am I the only one who doesn't think that DBZ looks that bad? granted, the headstock isn't great but I certainly don't think it's the ugliest bass I've seen...

I can sing and I'm not an asshole (I don't think...)

The only redeeming feature is the neck figuring... but even that annoys me because it isn't straight

EDIT: OOooops, mistaken which basses you were meaning. EW THUNDERBIRDS.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at May 1, 2013,
Quote by Tostitos
I once played with a guitarist who would go around and unplug everyone else's amp, take the drummer's sticks, and make everyone sit on the couch and watch him wank away at these awful little fills in between songs. Dem egos man...

I had that same experience but with a vocalist making the rest of the band listen to his a capella versions of our songs. Then again Dublin is the city of douchbaggery and haughtiness.
Last edited by dark Mass at May 1, 2013,
Quote by anarkee
Dublin--we try to pretend we aren't in the same County as Oakland, CA..

Anyways my drummer quit due some weird shit going on in his personal life. As for my vocalist he may be dropped in favor of rehiring the original vocalist.
Well, some demons have been exorcised after some painful discourses, and I suppose its time to start trying to get out of the depressing funk of utter misery and starting eating and sleeping again. Which means drinking. What's the best drink to help get over a crushing blow and find happiness in the world again?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass