I'm be getting a new amp pretty soon but I'm stuck between a Carvin V3M and an Evil Robot C30. I like the versatility of the V3M but I love the tone of the Evil Robot. I'm perfectly fine having just one tone. I pretty much just use one mid-gain tone with my GT-10. But I dabble with more gain once in a blue moon. But I doubt I'll actually use all of the features of the V3M. I will probably find a good mid-gain setting and use it as a single-channel amp most of the time. The real question is can I get a tone like the Evil Robot with the V3M? And will the Evil Robot with the GT-10 for high gain have good results?
Make sure you play the V3m. There have been a few people here who did not like channel 3. They found it lacking. Other than that they really liked it, however I think 3 people on here returned it.

I have not played either, just trying to share a bit from what others have said.

Spend some time to make sure either would work for you long term.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
If the EVR is what you want, get it.
Buying a V3M to sound like an EVR, if you have the option of actually having EVR, sounds like a bad idea to me.

Seeing you have a GT-10, you could use that to have some versatility with the EVR as well. If you're happy with the sounds of the GT-10, I'd pick that over the V3M.
What the last two people said: Get the EVR since you seem to be set on achieving that tone. If, in the future, you want a switch-up in gains, get yourself some stompboxes to help out.