Finally finished up my spring album that I had been working on for the past couple months. I've posted a couple of the songs on here before so some of it may be familiar to a few. I think I've made a lot of progress and its a very coherent sounding album that flows quite well. Please tell me what you think of it, give it a download and tell all your friends about it. I'll critic back to you of course

http://mockoff.bandcamp.com/album/myself-yourself

Feel free to follow my facebook for updates and things too https://www.facebook.com/MockOffMusic
Last edited by Joshua1207 at Apr 21, 2013,
Definately giving this a download later, friend. Based on the first track, Sky High, which was very serene and calming, but eventually moving towards a faster tempo, and a strange, chaotic uncertainty, I think that it's definately going to be worth a listen. This is very good work!

The only thing I didn't quite like was the track's beginning, which started off a bit weak, but got much better within hardly any time at all. When the piano came it, it was beautiful. Lovely. Good transitions all around.

If you can spare a moment, check out my song, "Bitter Memories".
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31321521#post31321521
Listened to Static falling and thouroughly enjoyed it. Love the bass riff that runs through it and the multitude of riffs (including the middle eastern sounding riff at the start) that run through it making it sound different at every turn. This is the kind of track I imagine walking to work and everything I see being epic! lol

Nice work!
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
Thanks for the comments on my song.

Listened to Sky High. As Jready said above me the intro is relatively weak, but it certainly gets a hell of a lot better. The overall feel is great, it made me feel edgy but excited, like the feeling just before getting into a fight.

The levels were great throughout, can tell you put a lot of effort into the production. I loved the tempo drop towards the end, that was really good and well timed; each decrease was very well done
I'm digging the dreamy static sound of the thing.
First track is a great intro nice melodies. I agree with the other dude who commented, the bass riff is perfect and good choice switching it up a bit even though it's one of those lines that can drone on and on and not get too boring. One thing though is that i don't think the album should be an instrumental simply cause the genre just doesnt fit with that. All in all i think the melodies and ryhtms work well together.

C4C with a cherry on top? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1598116
Sigs are for salad tossers.
lol. pretty cool. I enjoyed it quite a bit. yes, you're right. it definitely has the coherent static/noise rock quality and this is right up my alley. good job. keep up the good work.

also, I absolutely love that "jester/madhouse" guitar tone you get in Static Falling. it's really damn nice!

haha... dude, you're like a huge inspiration to me now.
Last edited by Shaco at Apr 21, 2013,
Quote by Shaco
lol. pretty cool. I enjoyed it quite a bit. yes, you're right. it definitely has the coherent static/noise rock quality and this is right up my alley. good job. keep up the good work.

also, I absolutely love that "jester/madhouse" guitar tone you get in Static Falling. it's really damn nice!

haha... dude, you're like a huge inspiration to me now.

Hah, that's possibly the nicest thing someone has said to me. Hope you like it enough to give it a download

Thanks for the comment on the guitar tone too, I was really happy when I got that tone too. Pays off just messing around with amp sim settings.
The first song is very interesting! The tempo drop is cool. Static Falling sounds really eerie and almost middle-eastern like. I like the guitar around 2:20.

You know, I'll download the whole album later and give it a listen. You'll hear from me (you can remind me if you want, I'm following you on Soundcloud already (I'm Alas, Atlas)).
Quote by Soldier Poet
The first song is very interesting! The tempo drop is cool. Static Falling sounds really eerie and almost middle-eastern like. I like the guitar around 2:20.

You know, I'll download the whole album later and give it a listen. You'll hear from me (you can remind me if you want, I'm following you on Soundcloud already (I'm Alas, Atlas)).

Thanks! Feel free to give me any criticisms on the album as a whole :P
Thank you for following me too.
Thanks for your crit on my song!

I'm on track 2 of your new album and I'm digging it so far. I like the brooding ambient vibe, lots of tension building and anticipating a release. The power chords near the end of Sky High sound loose, almost off time, but maybe it's supposed to be that way?

Overall well done though I also followed you on Soundcloud (I just made mine today, edbertUG).
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Hey man really cool album, I listened to a few of the tracks. I really like this kind of music, it's obscure in terms of following any specific template but usually builds really nicely and gets a certain mood going in the listener. One thing I noticed that I personally would have done, is in "The Thought Of Us" kept the original part fading out for a longer period of time when the piano part comes in around 0:35. I think it would make for a smoother transition as opposed to just dropping the original pattern. I have an acoustic band called Valley Haze, give our stuff a listen!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31289010#post31289010
I just want to make a quick note, you guys do know that bandcamp shows how much the listener listens to the song, right? Not everyone, but a few people have only registered partial plays and I'm tired of criticing back when that happens.

Last two people said they listened to The Thought Of Us, and while I have two plays for that on my bandcamp stats, both are only partial plays which means you did listen to at least 10% of it, but stopped before the 90% mark. You guys say nice things so I dunno why you stop before the 90% mark...

Screenshot for proof http://puu.sh/2FiHu.jpg
Last edited by Joshua1207 at Apr 22, 2013,
Ok, there's a few tracks here to get through.

Sky High: interesting, was there a super slowed down song to make the backing? I had to skip the last portion of this, have to be honest. Only because I felt it wasn't evolving quick enough.

Static Falling: Great title. Liked the bass line to this track, would make a great film soundtrack good use of sounds overall.

Interlude: interesting, is there an out of tune guitar in there? Shouldn't work but it does. creepy but good.

Conformity: again like the last few tracks I have heard the mixing seems to be spot on. This one falls victim to the same issue with the first track, it needed to grow and build quicker. At just over 5mins I felt it was too long.

I would love to review all your tracks now, but have to go to work.
Wlil come back.
I seem to remember owing you a crit from forever ago.

Sky High: Reminds me of EITS' All of a Sudden, I Miss Everyone until the percussion comes in. The percussion is great; as this progresses, there really isn't much I can compare this to. It's amazing; it's interesting, it's original, it's rapidly changing, it's energetic, it's ambient... well done is really all I have to say. This makes me feel like I have to try harder with my own music.

Static Falling: The distorted instrument that starts around 0:45 has such a cool tone. The background sounds you use throughout the track really help to fill out the sound and make it more interesting. I feel like you should have started using a snare at some point during the outro, though. I do hear a snare, but it's more of a background sound.

Interlude: The three-bar structure throws me off so much; it's interesting, and is great for confusing any musician...

Conformity: I like the panning you use for the percussion. I feel like this one may repeat a bit too much; consider adding in other instruments and sound effects to make the long guitar-diad section a little more interesting, or change up the instruments in the background. I remember reading about how many Russian composers were known for keeping the same melody while changing everything else behind it; that may work here. Otherwise, trying playing with the effects of the guitar as it goes, making it change or degrade like you do for the outro.

The Thought of Us: I like how the piano part sounds once you starting changing the progression under it; your percussion is, as always, interesting. The guitar part that comes in is very fitting for the piece. I feel like you could have kept using the piano part longer if you put progression under that doesn't stay on any one chord for too long.

Future Hope: Love the percussion starting around 1:27. Not really sure what I think of this track though; it doesn't feel like it goes anywhere. I like the ending with the percussion, though.

Interlude Part Two: Wasn't really interested until 0:58. Your use of the distorted vocal clips is great; that single-handedly makes the piece worth listening to, in my opinion.

Still Some Fun Times To Be Had: Catchy, in a weird way. Strangely upbeat, as well.

We Resurfaced What We Lost: I'm interesting from the beginning. This is both pretty and energetic. I feel like, as the last track, this should have hit some kind of climax; I feel like it would fit around 1:49. I like what you have, and it sounds great, but if you want to make your album feel complete, you should really considered adding some kind of climax to this song. Otherwise, I love the track.

Overall, well... I downloaded the album immediately, if that tells you how I feel. I've already listened to it a few times all the way through. My reviews may not show it, but I was trying to focus on what could be done better; it really is an amazing and unique album.
Last edited by herby190 at Apr 27, 2013,
I took a listen at "Conformity" and it was quite fascinating! Had to listen to another one. It could have done better being a minute shorter or so, I thought it was great but last minute was getting a little tedious :/ Other than being a little to long it builded up the mood nicely, kinda reminded me of the band "King Crimson" or "NEU!" but in an obvious different kinda way. The drums felt a bit too in your face. It sounded very MIDI and undynamic but maybe you where going for that kind of sound with them.

How did you record the stuff? The quality of the recordings are pretty damn fine ^^

Listened to "Static Falling" and wasn't as impressed. I was expecting a bit more of a change and the lack of vocals on the album is a bit of a pity. But then "Still some fun times to be had" got me excited again. Nice melody and sounds overall but this one is also a little to long lasting.

Nice quality of the tracks and some real fine songs and dreamy sounds but a whole album of this is, for me personally, getting dull. Put definitely something to be proud of How was all this composed?

Could you give a crit to my one song?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1597102&highlight=funk%2Fjazz

Cheers mate!
/Lurrbabar
Quote by herby190

Overall, well... I downloaded the album immediately, if that tells you how I feel. I've already listened to it a few times all the way through. My reviews may not show it, but I was trying to focus on what could be done better; it really is an amazing and unique album.

I'm glad you liked it that much. Didn't really think I'd get as positive comments as this but I can't complain. I hope I continue making things that'll impress

Quote by Lurrbabar

How did you record the stuff? The quality of the recordings are pretty damn fine ^^

Cheers mate!
/Lurrbabar

Recorded my guitar with a direct input into my saffire 6 USB interface and had various different vsts/amp sims that i used depending on the song. Everything that isn't guitar is stuff that I composed in FL studio.

Thanks to the comments about my mixing too to everyone who complimented it. Actually thought that would be the weakest point since I spent the least amount of time on that, but guess it worked
Listened to sky high. I get a ery big pink floyd/ the sky moves sideways (porcupine tree) feel from it. You catured the space and atmosphere really well. I love that the tempo increases and the chords on the guitar starts. Im not just quite sure if they fit, i think you could have goten some more experimental with them. I love when it slows down at the end. C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31382114#post31382114
Static Falling: This sounds really awesome, its composed very well. I like how it grows throughout. Overall, i liked it!

We Resurfaced what we lost: Very cinematic sounding intro. I could see this in a film. I love the overall atmosphere to this piece. Everything in it fits great. Loved this song man! Good job!
listening to conformity now.

interesting percussion and electronic sounds you have going on. i cant say im a huge fan of the overdriven guitar tone, its a bit thin and trebly. otherwise nice ideas, and i like the textures you're creating. cool mood music!
Last edited by TV-Casualty at May 5, 2013,
"Sky high" I liked this song very ambient some parts it had almost a hint of scaryness but that could of been intentional by adding diminish flavor. for the most part the song was relaxing so good job here. not much more to say about that track , "interlude" was another experimental track almost felt like i was in a carnival or something (thats a good thing imo)

"Still some Fun Times to be had" was Much needed well that was my first impression when I first heard it i was like oh cool this was mellow and I can relate but even this turned out to be an experimental track bizarre alil heh = ) lol think experimental music has its unique side anyway although anyway I enjoyed listening to your album thanks for sharing

N also about your comment on my thread earlier, I tried clicking on the link to your page the same day you posted on my thread but I kept getting page error so after several tries i just kinda just gave up sorry = / (and I actually never promised c4c on my thread but usually I do if asked) anyway

despite the comments/critique earlier seem to make u come off as borderline "A jerk" you actually are a good musician (a very good one) I think so despite first impressions just keep playing you have talent and you play well would like to hear more solo in ur stuff but thats just "Personal Preference" lol
"its not the destination.... so much as the journey" one once said
Last edited by Marqway at May 17, 2013,