I just bought a terrible $10 ukelele and I have managed to get it in tune. However, the intervals produced from the open strings to the first frets are all whole steps. This is very annoying and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this.

Note that the rest of the intervals are half steps. It's just open string to first fret. Also, I'm willing to cut and paste things if necessary.

Thanks
lol wow. i can't imagine the intonation is anywhere close to accurate. luckily it's an easy fix - carefully remove the strings and put them on something that isn't a novelty toy
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
maybe try putting a capo on the first fret and tuning it like that
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
Hahaha it's totally playable and in tune!!! I just can't play any standard open chords on it.
Well then, be the first kid on your block to use an all barre / power chord interpretation of "heavy ukulele".....