I'm quickly running out of room on my SKB pedal-board with soft shell case, so I'm in the market for a new board.

My SKB is only about 4 months old, and the soft case is already torn to shreds from lugging it around so much. I'm looking for something with a hard case, that can take some abuse. My band is planning on doing some touring in the near future, so I don't want to buy a heap that's gonna fall apart on me.

The board will need to be big enough to fit:

MXR ZW-44 OD
MXR Phase 90
TC Alter Ego
MXR Smart Gate
MXR 10-Band EQ
Moen GEC9 Switcher
Dunlop SC95 Wah
and I'm planning on picking up a reverb and chorus, so I would like something that would still have a little but of room left!

So far the best deal that I've seen would have to be the Rondo. It seems like a decent size and price, but I'm just wondering if there is any cheaper options out there for me, besides DIY??

I'm located in Saskatoon, SK.

Cheers,

SP
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by red.guitar at Apr 13, 2013,
I haven't seen anything of a comparable size for less than that. The only other option is DIY, really.
That or try eBay for used gear.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I recommend you place your pedals out on the floor, with cables and everything you need to measure the size of board you need. I used some masking tape to mark off some of the sizes of boards on the floor and plan how everything would go. I'm looking at picking up a rondo case myself for $75 bucks.

I've always been a DIY guy so shelling out 150 bucks on a board seemed a bit ridiculous to me. I had one that was really simple made out of wood. Very durable and could take a beating. It was heavy, but there's always trade-offs.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
yeah Diy is the best choice me thinks for cheapness
when i used alot more pedals than i do now i made a Dyi one that looked a bit like a wooden breifcase that thing lasted a good while til it was stolen

maybe if you cant Diy have someone who can make you one?

i find thestore bought pedal boards alway lacking in the rugged department and its so easy to make your own with exact the same amount of space and detail you want

or do like paul gibert and just get a big peice of wood with velcro
Pedaltrain Pt-1

Should be able to hold all those pedals. Light, durable. A bit expensive ($120) but worth it, I think.
Thanks for the suggestions.

The only reason that I'm shying away from a diy board is that I've only recently moved into my own place (only 5500km from home) and I don't currently own any power tools, or many tools at all. So by the time I go and buy all the hardware and tools, and try to find time in my super busy schedule to make it, I'm probably just as well off buying one.

I also need something with a hard case to protect my pedals while on tour.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by red.guitar
Thanks for the suggestions.

The only reason that I'm shying away from a diy board is that I've only recently moved into my own place (only 5500km from home) and I don't currently own any power tools, or many tools at all. So by the time I go and buy all the hardware and tools, and try to find time in my super busy schedule to make it, I'm probably just as well off buying one.

I also need something with a hard case to protect my pedals while on tour.

I used to have an old Strat Guitar case that I ripped all the stuffing out of the bottom of it, went to the hardware store and bought a piece of 3/8 inch plywood that they cut to exactly the size I wanted, then put Velcro on it. pull the plywood out of the case, it's set.. put it back in the case when your done.. Worked for me.. it was a lot heavier than a guitar when I was done but it worked ok..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!