Heya folks. I have been bandless for my whole life and at the age of 18 I figured I'm not going to wait around anymore to get serious about recording and playing. So I got myself a drum machine and programmed my own drums and bass and this is what I came up with.

https://soundcloud.com/vincent_wisehoon/kingdom-of-pity

Leave a comment and I'll check out your stuff too.
This song has everything in it, lol. I love the intro riff and the part after at 0:24 reminds me of Master of Puppets. Then you have the fill around 0:33 that reminds me of a riff in Thunderhorse. The thrash elements are really nice, the gallops are played clean. The part at 1:22 sounds like it should be in some of Dio's heavier tracks. The part after goes on a bit too long before the solo kicks in (but if there are vocals, I'm sure that solves that problem). The solo is nice too, I like your phrasing.

The thing I'm the most impressed with is how you transition from riff to riff. It really gives your song a nice sense of flavor. It's a really good song, you should definitely write more stuff like this.
Quote by xHellbound
This song has everything in it, lol. I love the intro riff and the part after at 0:24 reminds me of Master of Puppets. Then you have the fill around 0:33 that reminds me of a riff in Thunderhorse. The thrash elements are really nice, the gallops are played clean. The part at 1:22 sounds like it should be in some of Dio's heavier tracks. The part after goes on a bit too long before the solo kicks in (but if there are vocals, I'm sure that solves that problem). The solo is nice too, I like your phrasing.

The thing I'm the most impressed with is how you transition from riff to riff. It really gives your song a nice sense of flavor. It's a really good song, you should definitely write more stuff like this.

Yes! Thanks for the feedback, you pretty much read my mind There are going to be some slow growls during the middle section. I wanted it to feel long and hypnotic. At first I tried doing this blistering speedy solo thing instead but I quickly realized that just wasn't going to work.

As for the structure, man you have no idea how many amendments I had to make. I've had these riffs for a while and wanted to put them all together, but it sounded so tacky stitching them together sometimes. So the transition snippets I had to come up with after the first runthrough. I spent a lot of time deciding what part should go into which, and then changing the drum track accordingly x_x