Hi

Im lookin for a new amp to upgrade my sound and Im struggling between the Blackstar Series One 1046L6 and the Marshall JVM410.

Im playing just about anything from Chuck Berry styled rockabilly, through Guns and Roses hard rock, Vai type instrumental, to Black Label Society metal so I need it to be versatitle enough to cover these pretty different tones.

My main axes are Ibanez Rg2550 and an Epiphone Les Paul Studio.

I'd both use it at home and for gigs too. Probably Blackstar wins in this case because it has power reduction system.

I'd prefer to have new but Im opened for a used one too in this price.

So anyway how would you decide?
I'm happy to here any other suggestions to but please don't recommend any boutique or rare amp because i live in Hungary and just the basic brands are available.

Thanks in advance.
Mike
The Blackstar series one amps are absolutely amazing, I'd go with one of those for the super crunch channel alone. The JVM series aren't the greatest marshall's though so Blackstar wins handsdown here
Jó napot, fellow Hungarian.

Both are good and versatile amps, however, you would have to decide which one's tone you like more.
You don't need to worry about the JVM at home, it sounds pretty good at low volumes too.
However, I personally would say that the Series One sounded more 'organic' than the JVM from what I remember. Maybe the EL34 version would be more to your liking than the 6L6.

Between these 2 I'd probably get the Series One.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Well, you could go a cheaper route and get a Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36.
It has 3 channels, MIDI-compatible, power soak, DI out, very versatile actually.
Also with 36W and the power soak you can get it very quiet at home and it's certainly loud enough for gigging.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Well, you could go a cheaper route and get a Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36.
It has 3 channels, MIDI-compatible, power soak, DI out, very versatile actually.
Also with 36W and the power soak you can get it very quiet at home and it's certainly loud enough for gigging.

Thank I'll definetely check it out.
The JVM's get a lot of hate around here, but I think you can't really go wrong with either. Depending on your tastes of course, look up some clips and see which you like better (if you can't try it out yourself). Also, EL34 or 6L6 makes a big difference.

I'm a big fan of my JVM, but an old bandmate of mine absolutely loves his Blackstar. They sound rather awesome together
WTLTL 2011
Blackstar is a company started by a group of Marshall engineers...apparently they had a bigger vision than what Marshall had to offer. I use a Blackstar and it's just amazing how versatile the amp is. To be clear, I'm not hating on Marshall - just stating what I've experienced.

Being engineered by ex-Marshall engineers, the Marshall sound is just so easy to get. But the awesome part about Blackstars is that you don't stop at a Marshall - you can basically get any sound you want. Through my amp I've been able to pull off Heavy Metal, Classic Rock, Jazz, Indie, Country, and probably every other genre I've been exposed to. ISF control is really more powerful than it seems (how much could one knob do?) and the sensitive levels really help shape the tone in your head. It's really just amazing. Again, Marshalls are great amps and always have been, but I think Blackstar is the future standard of amps.

Dude, get a Blackstar no question haha.
PLAY WITH A METRONOME
I'd say the 104EL34 is a closer comparison to the JVM. Either way, the Blackstars have a slightly brighter and tighter sound to them. That's not to say that the JVM can't produce a tight tone or that Blackstars can't produce a softer, warmer sound, just that those are the directions each one vaguely leans in. Truth be told, nine times out of ten in a live situation I wouldn't be able to tell the difference bewteen the two. I've heard both used for small and medium-sized gigs—never on studio record, as far as I'm aware—and I'm buggere dif I can remember a particular difference between the sound of 'em. Of course, it does depend a lot on the speakers you use and how you set them up, and ith multi-channel amps with so much control ike that, of course it's possible to make them sound identical if you really wanted.
Personally, I'd simply see which is in stock near me and buy that one, or if both are, give 'em a quick test and see which is cheaper. Tonally they can match each other.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Both good amps, maybe adding a Laney VH100 to the list would be a good idea.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
considering all those bands are Marshall, aside from vai, I'd learn towards the JVM. I'd also take a look at the DSL series marshalls, they can be had for a fraction of the price of either of those used, although not as many features. still worth a look.
I never really liked the JVM, but the JVM Satriani is soposed to be great (even has the AFD preamp on one ch).

I agree that you should check out a used JCM2000 DSL, I like them much better than the JVM series
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate