The "today is the day that Marty McFly arrives" picture that keeps circulating

For the last year and a half, I've been seeing this picture making the rounds on facebook every few months.

Each time the top date has been photoshopped to claim that whatever day it was when the photo appeared was the day that Marty arrived, even though it was 2015 when Marty arrived (and the picture of the screens is taken from the start of the first film, but that's not important).

My question is: Why do people keep bothering to edit the picture and spread it every few months? What's the point when it's such an easy thing to prove wrong? And why do people keep falling for the same prank when it's been done so many times they must have seen it before with an earlier date?
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
what is the correct date used in the movie then?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
what is the correct date used in the movie then?

October 21, 2015. Every year they travelled to ended in a 5. It started in 1985, they went to 1955, 2015 and 1885.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Wow these dumb asses cant do the joke right.. Two more years people, until he actually comes
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Quote by Crofty89
October 21, 2015. Every year they travelled to ended in a 5. It started in 1985, they went to 1955, 2015 and 1885.

That is indeed true.

And we should have hoverboards by then as well.

People post these photoshopped things for one reason and one reason only: to compensate for their lack of friends or life.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
I hate people

Yeah they're pretty gay
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil