Gingerlocks
Dreadhead
1,928 IQ
Is it at any point useful?

I find that when I sing quietly, I can't hit the high notes. Or is that because I haven't warmed up enough?

Thing is, it's the only way I can practice singing at home, so I'd rather do it, then no singing at all, but I feel as if I can't get the "full practice" because I have to sing quietly.
vitorlp
76 IQ
Yea, if you don't sing loud enough, you can't reach the high notes.

The way to practice is loud, if you practice quietly you won't get good results.
If you are gonna sing loudly, you have to practice loudly.

Some singers put the mic further away from them when they sing a "extremely high" note.
That's because the sound comes out a lot louder.
Last edited by vitorlp at Apr 14, 2013,
Gingerlocks
Dreadhead
1,928 IQ
Quote by vitorlp
Yea, if you don't sing loud enough, you can't reach the high notes.

The way to practice is loud, if you practice quietly you won't get good results.

If you are gonna sing loudly, you have to practice loudly.

Well yeah. At the moment, I'm learning some Staind songs, and I guess I have to sing loud really?
McTodd
This is a wug
800 IQ
Is it in any way a confidence thing, or just because you don't want to upset whoever you live with? Because confidence is a killer.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Gingerlocks
Dreadhead
1,928 IQ
Quote by McTodd
Is it in any way a confidence thing, or just because you don't want to upset whoever you live with? Because confidence is a killer.

It's mainly because I don't want to upset the people I live with. It's a host family, as I'm studying abroad.
vitorlp
76 IQ
You only have to sing really loudly if your vocal range doesn't match the song's.

You can always change the key to a range that suits you more, so you can sing comfortably.

Theoretically, anyone can sing any song if it's on the proper key.
vitorlp
76 IQ
It's not a confidence thing, you really have to put more power to reach higher notes.

Quote by vitorlp
Some singers put the mic further away from them when they sing a "extremely high" note.
That's because the sound comes out a lot louder.
HotspurJr
191 IQ
If you practice at a volume different from how you perform, you will get less benefit.

It's not just the notes. A lot of singing technique is stuff that you need to learn to control which your body intuitively wants to do diffrently at different volumes. It's an issue.