Page 1 of 2
According to the vikings, all brave warriors go to Valhalla when they are killed in combat. So would a modern day soldier go to Valhalla? Wouldn't that kinda be unfair to all the vikings who are using swords and shields to have to fight against automatic rifles?
The guys getting shot at yeah. The guys pushing buttons, hell naw.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
if you actually see combat, 98% chance you're pretty facking brave

braver than me anyway
i don't know why i feel so dry
Waaait a second-
Quote by macashmack
all the vikings who are using swords and shields to have to fight against automatic rifles?

Soldiers in Valhalla don't fight each other, they pig out on mead and beer until Ragnarök. Bro, do u even Norse?
IIRC they fight and kill each other for fun, then the fallen wake up and then they drink and feast.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by Cavalcade
Waaait a second-

Soldiers in Valhalla don't fight each other, they pig out on mead and beer until Ragnarök. Bro, do u even Norse?

I thought that they had giant fights, and when they died they reawaken in the dining hall to feast and fight again, forever, to prepare for Ragnarok?
I don't think Vikings ever got explodified to bits and pieces
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by LostLegion
So if someone dies in Valhalla, where do they go?

Meta-valhalla. A wryly self-referential version of regular valhalla.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Unfair? Are you implying that combat is easier today than before?
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
Quote by Dreadnought
I don't think Vikings ever got explodified to bits and pieces

They got chopped up pretty good, though.

I mean, have you seen the weapons they use?
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Unfair? Are you implying that combat is easier today than before?

nah, he's saying it's unfair because one side has so much better weapons than the other. fair fights are always hard because they're fair.
no one's getting into heaven (norse or otherwise) because it doesn't exist. Soldiers give their lives for political ambition, not ethereal and abstract ideals like freedom or honor.

Sucks but that's life

The real fight to see would be vikings VS native americans when they tried (and failed) to colonize newfoundland and were kicked out by angry natives
Quote by flexiblemile
no one's getting into heaven (norse or otherwise) because it doesn't exist.

Bravery level: So
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Quote by flexiblemile
no one's getting into heaven (norse or otherwise) because it doesn't exist. Soldiers give their lives for political ambition, not ethereal and abstract ideals like freedom or honor.

Sucks but that's life

The real fight to see would be vikings VS native americans when they tried (and failed) to colonize newfoundland and were kicked out by angry natives

lol native Americans. Any soldiers that rock up to battle with their nipples on show are noobs.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by flexiblemile
why'd they win against the vikings then?

Probably infected them with AIDs, damn fags.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
It's true, they tried to settle the Americas several times and got chased out every time until they got smart and decided to settle for easier pickings like the Brits.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Quote by flexiblemile

Sucks but that's life

Freedom is an abstract ideal? How so?
Quote by flexiblemile

Sucks but that's life

You speak like you've got all the facts in your little black book.

EDUCATE US MASTER.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Freedom (often referred to as the Freedom app) is a computer program designed to keep a computer user away from the Internet for up to eight hours at a time. It is described as a way to "free you from distractions, allowing you time to write, analyze, code, or create."[1][2] The program was written by Fred Stutzman, a Ph.D student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.[3][4][5] [6][7][8][9][10]
Freedom is no longer donationware, but, rather, is available for purchase for $10US. A five-time trial is available for free at http://macfreedom.com/

Do you really want to risk your life for this?
hum... good point but then paying for code is a little abstract. I mean you're not really accumulating more material possessions, are you?
Quote by flexiblemile
hum... good point but then paying for code is a little abstract. I mean you're not really accumulating more material possessions, are you?

That's a pretty nice troll attempt actually.
Quote by Todd Hart
Probably infected them with AIDs, damn fags.

in case you aren't already privy to the history... the vikings had trouble with the native americans because they totally outnumbered them. the vikies weren't looking to wage war, they were looking to explore and set up settlements so they didn't exactly bring an army with them.

later settlers from europe had an easier time because european diseases had ripped through native american populations. estimates vary but even the most conservative depicts massive, massive destruction. if the vikings had landed in this landscape you could imagine i'd live in erikland rather than maryland
I almost took a cultural anthropology class this semester called World of the Vikings, but didn't because I didn't want to wake up early. Kind of regret it now. Vikings on the History Channel has sparked my interest.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Quote by Cavalcade
If it is, the Volsung Saga doesn't do much do dispel it.

Which leads us to this masterpiece of musical genius....
Sure, you just have to run towards the enemy full on, no hiding. Also don't get shot in the back.
Page 1 of 2