One problem with vintage guitars is that the might not play that well anymore. Rust, intonation, fret wear, noisy pots, etc. To be a true player, a vintage guitar might need an overhaul.

In terms of killer "bang for the buck", what is your favorite reissue? As in, you're getting the same (or better) playability of a legendary guitar, but for just 10% of the cost.

Which are considered some of the best reissue guitars of the modern era?
Best "bang for the buck", what is your favorite reissue?
1978 Les Paul Custom Sunburst
2001 USA Strat (Hot & Cool Rails)
Effects: Boss GT-6 with Tech-21 Power Amp
Reissue of what?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Epiphone's Nighthawk Custom Reissue is a damn good guitar. Replace the bridge with a slanted SD JB and you're a couple of small upgrades away from having an original Gibson Nighthawk.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
It's funny when people assume that a vintage guitar has some magical formula that isn't replicated on modern style guitars.

And a reissue is just like any other guitar being released. If you really believe that it has the "mojo" of a vintage guitar, then you are delusional. Your preference might be towards vintage spec'd guitars, but that doesn't mean they are objectively better.
My favourite 'reissues' are rebelrelic teles - they genuinely feel and sound like vintage fenders to me, i wouldn't be able to tell the difference if i was blindfolded.

I've played some vintage fenders and gibsons, and i honestly think that the reissues fender and gibson have to offer don't come anywhere near close - i have no idea why that would be. But they are still very nice guitars
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The new 62 reissue Tele feels and sounds pretty great to me, really comfortable neck as well
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Of all the original 50s and 60s guitars I've played, and their reissues, I feel like Gibson stand the most chance of capturing the original tone and feel, though it must be stressed it is only a chance. Every old guitar is very different and every Custom Shop/equivalent is very different, too. Hell, there are plenty of guitars from the 50s and 60s which suck. Being old is not an automatic qualification for quality. In fact a lot of the elements people love about the construction of older guitars are things that were down to cost-cutting; sloppy production produced the PAF pickups, virtually everything Fender innovated came from trying to make the guitar as cheap and easy to make as possible, etc.

Really, it's utterly stupid to look for an older guitar, or reissue/copy of one, to be your ultimate [type] guitar. Just go to some shops and play whatever is around—new or old—and see what feels and sounds best to your hands and ears. Just because a Les Paul was made in 1959 does not ensure it will be the LP of your dreams. Just because Fender write "1956 reissue" on the Custom Shop certificate does not mean it will do what you want it to do.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Yes, but it doesn't matter that a 59 lp might not be that great a guitar. It's a 59. As long as it's in reasonable condition, it's worth a shit tonne of money whether it's a good one or not.
Quote by Blompcube
My favourite 'reissues' are rebelrelic teles - they genuinely feel and sound like vintage fenders to me, i wouldn't be able to tell the difference if i was blindfolded.

Just looked them up and for that price they seem like a hell of a deal actually, especially compared to Fender Customshop guitars.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by W4RP1G
It's funny when people assume that a vintage guitar has some magical formula that isn't replicated on modern style guitars.

And a reissue is just like any other guitar being released. If you really believe that it has the "mojo" of a vintage guitar, then you are delusional. Your preference might be towards vintage spec'd guitars, but that doesn't mean they are objectively better.

I find it funny when people try to show everyone else how they're wrong, and then end up writing two opposite ideas in the same post.
Quote by jpcl
I find it funny when people try to show everyone else how they're wrong, and then end up writing two opposite ideas in the same post.

It's funny how you misunderstood what I said.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Yes, but it doesn't matter that a 59 lp might not be that great a guitar. It's a 59. As long as it's in reasonable condition, it's worth a shit tonne of money whether it's a good one or not.

Absolutely, but the question here isn't collector's value, it's quality as a working instrument.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
SOme original Les Pauls were magical sounding and playing after years, some where not. The Question is kind of bad because the Re Issue value question crosses the boundaries of the different guitar designs (Fender, Gibson etc) The TS would've have better asked for the best value of Re-Issue from a certain maker, it would be easier to answer.
Moving on.....
Shoot me a brand and an era.

Fender makes great reissues but I really don't know what your into man
Quote by Acϵ♠
Epiphone's Nighthawk Custom Reissue is a damn good guitar. Replace the bridge with a slanted SD JB and you're a couple of small upgrades away from having an original Gibson Nighthawk.

This, i plan to upgrade my bridge pickup to a SD, but my action is low, fast and plays fantastic. Probably my best guitar to play. The coil tap is awesome aswell, sounds immense clean.
52 avri teles are pretty sick, you can get em used for around 800 and thats a damn good deal in my opinion.
Welp, call it marketing BS or whatever, but I LOVE my vintage spec 59 AVRI Strat.

If anything, its the nitro finish that makes it special to me. I cant wait for it to start aging and checking in the finish.

Something my urethane finished Deluxe Strat will never do.

I got the best of both worlds IMO. Ultimate vintage spec and ultimate modern day spec Strats.
My favorite reissue would be the '59 Fender Bassman LTD, which I own I love it.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,