I am playing this:
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/l/l..._guitar_pro.htm
The intro is distorted and then comes the verse.
The creator of the tab made two tracks called Wes Borland - Clean and a Wes Borland - Distortion.
When the intro is done it doesn`t switch into the clean verse channel so during the whole verse I have an empty tab until the next chorus kicks in.

Creating variations and stuff manually is kind of a pain in the ass so is it possible to make it switch channels automatically?
Dissonance is underrated.
Your link is dead for me... But i'd guess just selecting the parts you want to play, copying them and pasting them on a new track should work? just mute that track afterwards...
No it you can't make it shift channels automatically. Copy-Paste everything to one track and keep the originals. Then mute the track you just made. That's the easiest way. The other way is to learn either the clean or the distorted parts so you know them without the tabs, then just play that while the tab lines are empty.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
you can set it to show all the tracks at once on the same screen just have the 2 tracks you want to play, active

click view then click on multi track view this is from GP5

or just paste the bars from one track into the empty spots on the other
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Everything these 2 guys have said will work, or if you are really lazy you could just put it in multitrack view and disable the view for every instrument except the 2 guitars you wanna learn. But putting everything on one track is usually best

EDIT: Damn you rocketface....damn you haha
My rig: ESP Eclipse II --> bulk amount of pedals --> Orange Rockerverb 50w
I tried copying everything into one track and creating variations for clean and dist until I came to a certain point where everything shifted forward besides the new track.

I`ll just have to learn the clean track then I guess.

If you guys want to take a look at what issues I`m having just search for Limp Bizkit - Boiler and choose the top ranked GP tab.

I think that the GP creators should make it possible to choose which channels should be visible when you need them to in GP-7.
So you want to play along to the tab without switching.

Yeah, make a muted playalong track as others suggested. It's very fast to do, just make sure you choose the same tuning as the original track or else it will create stupid fretting/chords. Then just mark the bars you need in the lower field and copy/paste the parts you wanna play into the new track. You'll usually have to do this if you're covering songs with many guitar tracks anyway, no other good way to do this without using F3/multitrack, which kinda sucks (especially on a regular/laptop monitor).
Quote by fanapathy
So you want to play along to the tab without switching.

Yeah, make a muted playalong track as others suggested. It's very fast to do, just make sure you choose the same tuning as the original track or else it will create stupid fretting/chords. Then just mark the bars you need in the lower field and copy/paste the parts you wanna play into the new track. You'll usually have to do this if you're covering songs with many guitar tracks anyway, no other good way to do this without using F3/multitrack, which kinda sucks (especially on a regular/laptop monitor).

I did exatly that but after a while of copying (I came to the second chorus and it shifted, but not after the first) the top bars just shift forward and creates an empty space.
So the lower new track is without drums or bass which is kind of bad.
The multi track thing is just messy I think.
Quote by Lyrax
I did exatly that but after a while of copying (I came to the second chorus and it shifted, but not after the first) the top bars just shift forward and creates an empty space.
So the lower new track is without drums or bass which is kind of bad.
The multi track thing is just messy I think.

If the (other) bars shift forward, undo it (Ctrl+Z). OK you should try marking the bars that you are pasting into. If you copy 16 bars, then mark the 16 empty bars that you are creating. Try to get the exact amount, if too many you might experience a software bug that deletes other bars for some reason, - and if too few, it will usually create empty space in the track like you experienced.

Agree I don't like multi track either