Which selector position do you spend the most time in? For me it's position 4 (Neck+Middle) and then position 1 with blender pot (Neck+Bridge)
For distortion(playing southern blues) I usually use position 1(bridge) and 5(neck), 1 for the fast sleezy parts and 5 for the more slower groove smooth parts. When playing Hendrix, it's usually 5 and 1, and I use the tone knobs a lot. To be honest, lately I've been using 5,4,3 and 1. I find using the PU's and tone knobs gets you a lot of sounds for a lot of moods, so I guess I use all of em(except 2, that one's only useful for finger playing and 'Sweet home alabama').

A Strat is a damn fine guitar, I love mine!
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
I have mine configured with the neck and middle-wirings swapped, making it possible to have the bridge and neck pups work simultaneously in position 2.

I like it there.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
If i'm playing relatively clean, I'm in the neck position, or sometimes neck-middle.

If i'm using overdrive, then the middle or middle-bridge.

If i'm using thick distortion, or playing country, I'm in the bridge.
Last edited by peskypesky at Apr 14, 2013,
4 almost exclusively but otherwise 2.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

FYI, position 1 on a strat is the neck pickup. Many people assume 1 is the bridge.
Quote by sideslick
I have mine configured with the neck and middle-wirings swapped, making it possible to have the bridge and neck pups work simultaneously in position 2.

I like it there.

I'm the same. Never found a use for the bridge + middle selection. Switching the neck and middle is the best thing any Strat owner can do for their guitar, as far as I care.

To that end, I use the neck + bridge or neck + middle positions the most. Bridge on its own in third place. I don't know which of the two combined positions I actually use the most, probably the neck + bridge but it's not in the lead by much.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
2 almost exclusively but otherwise 4.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by MrFlibble
I'm the same. Never found a use for the bridge + middle selection. Switching the neck and middle is the best thing any Strat owner can do for their guitar, as far as I care.

To that end, I use the neck + bridge or neck + middle positions the most. Bridge on its own in third place. I don't know which of the two combined positions I actually use the most, probably the neck + bridge but it's not in the lead by much.

The beauty of this setup is that you can still use your neck/mid position as it was intended!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
2 and 3. Sometimes 4, sometimes 1. Never 5.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
bridge or neck for the most part. only occasionally use the 2 and 4 positions and 3 if I want a clean acoustic sound which isn't often.
Quote by MrFlibble

This is a great Idea for Ibanez as well. I've had a few HSH guitars, and not having that neck+bridge position sucks.
Quote by sideslick

I like it there.

How do you do this? Is it as easy job?
Neck + Middle.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Clean- 2 Neck/Middle
Dirty- 5 Bridge
Thinking about getting a bucker in bridge postion.
Guitars and Motorcycles
Bridge 80% and neck 20%.

I have HSH:d it with two Seymour Duncan JB Jr:s, but is was true before that too. I rarely play cleans, so it is mostly hard-rock or metal territory we are speaking of.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I've an HSS, so for the high gain stuff I pretty much use position one. Otherwise I use position five (neck) for slightly overdriven tones and position two (bridge+middle) for clean tones. I really like the sound of position two, it's slightly nasal but sounds nice for single notes and arpeggios
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus