Are they built cleanly? Do they use quality components?

If anyone has experience with them, how have they held up? I'm interested in their physical durability, compared to my standards of MIA Peavey.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I saw a stack of them at NAMM. They were built much better just in appearance than Bugera.

I was not able to play one.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
I'd imagine they're a decent deal higher quality than your peavey.

Are you smoking crack? The Ironheart is MIC and the Peaveys are built like tanks(MIA)

Where did you get your opinion from? I am curious.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
Are you smoking crack? The Ironheart is MIC and the Peaveys are built like tanks(MIA)

Where did you get your opinion from? I am curious.

I have to agree here, Peaveys are built with high quality components. I would make that comparison with the Laney GH/VH, but not the Iron Heart
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

I have to agree here, Peaveys are built with high quality components. I would make that comparison with the Laney GH/VH, but not the Iron Heart

I want to see the insides of the Iron Heart before I make too many assumptions, I just really don't trust China's soldering capability.

I want to see what components are used internally.

Toroidal PT. Unique.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
So do you believe Egnaters (for example) are deficiently soldered?

I think it depends on the companys QC, not the country. You having a company you can get a QC as good as you want over a country like China, don't you think?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Apr 15, 2013,
Quote by Perverockstar69
So do you believe Egnaters (for example) are deficiently soldered?

I think it depends on the companys QC, not the country. You having a company you can get a QC as good as you want over a country like China, don't you think?

There have been a number of issues with Egnaters (particularly the more complex amps) due to poor assembly, so yes.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Never heard of it but if you say so. Now, idependently of it, I still believe companys can get a better QC over China.

Now what about chinese Peaveys? My VK112 was amazingly built.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Apr 15, 2013,
Quote by Perverockstar69
Never heard of it but if you say so. Now, idependently of it, I still believe companys can get a better QC over China.

Now what about chinese Peaveys? My VK112 was amazingly built.

I'd say Peavey is one of the better companys that have Chinese made amps for QC, but even the MIC amps are not without their issues.

Now I have seen some MIC stuff that is built very good, so I would not say that MIC has to be bad, but my experience says your are more likely to have issues with a MIC over a USA/European made product.

I have a MIC Epiphone G-400, I think that that guitar is absolutely great. Wood is good and hardware and electronics are also good, but the pickups were horrid. But I have seen others that were piles
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I think the point here is that MIC Laneys are an unknown quantity and the TS is asking for facts to rectify that. I do agree that MIC doesn't automatically mean they are no good - but what about MIC Laneys? That's the question being posed if I understand correctly and it's a valid question.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Cathbard
I think the point here is that MIC Laneys are an unknown quantity and the TS is asking for facts to rectify that. I do agree that MIC doesn't automatically mean they are no good - but what about MIC Laneys? That's the question being posed if I understand correctly and it's a valid question.

+311 OP isn't downing china's QC, but inquiring to a comparison to a company that is known for high quality workmanship. asking for a comparison to peavey to something he doesn't have a lot of information on. all he really asked for was a gut shot.

i completely agree with cath.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
+311 OP isn't downing china's QC, but inquiring to a comparison to a company that is known for high quality workmanship. asking for a comparison to peavey to something he doesn't have a lot of information on. all he really asked for was a gut shot.

i completely agree with cath.

Exactly what I'm asking.

I guess we just have to wait and twiddle our thumbs for a while? They seem to have a very positive light, but people haven't really been talking about them since they came out, so...

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
What I would say though is that the presence of a toroidal transformer is a good sign. When manufacturers try to cut costs on materials the first thing that takes a hit are the transformers. Toroidals are expensive.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Not a very educated answer, but I saw one in a local store. It looked pretty messy and poorly made. Just looking through the mesh, it just looked cheap. I was pretty disappointed.
[404]Signature not found
I've played them extensively.

Their sound is decent, nothing great, but not bad. The cleans are average, crunch is okay and the lead channel is pretty ballsy. The inbuilt boost is a joke though, honestly it dulls the sound ridiculously. Having said that though, it was with stock tubes/speakers so a swap of the two could improve that significantly.

I will say though that they feel cheap. The knobs are quite loose (I don't know if that's the nature of the push pull EQ knobs or just poor quality knobs, I think it's the latter). And the actual head/combo itself doesn't feel very strong, if that makes sense. I feel like it would crumble after a few drops or gigs.

Compared to a Peavey? Peavey's rule dominant. Everything is solidly built in comparison, no doubt. Whereas on a Peavey, the knobs are firm but smooth, the Laney just feels cheap and loose. Same goes for the actual head/combo itself.

As for the guts. Not a clue. I wouldn't imagine anything out of the ordinary IMO.

Sound wise I wouldn't really judge until I heard one with proper tubes/speakers.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Awesome, thanks for the info.

That's unfortunate. I was looking at one as a possibilty instead of a 6505, but one of the things I love about Peavey is how you can drop them, and all they'll do is say "**** you" to the floor. The Laney has a lot of really cool features, and the physical design is very appealing to me, with the side handles, but for my wants/needs, durability/roadworthiness is 1st priority.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X