Alrighty UG, I'm going to install the following on my Jackson DK (seen below):

EMG JH set: http://www.emgpickups.com/products/index/354/148/1

Floyd Rose Special: http://www.floydrose.com/bridges/index.php

Brass tremolo stopper: http://www.fu-tone.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=215

Along with noiseless springs and a brass spring claw.

My first question before I go through with this... will this switch fit my guitar?

http://www.emgpickups.com/products/index/277/291/4

That's my first concern. I can't think of anything else. If you guys see anything that might cause a problem let me know! I'd really appreciate it. If you have any other suggestions that'd be great too. This stuff altogether currently rings up at $408, I'll go as high as $500 if you guys recommend anything else.

Once all this stuff is installed I'll post some pics and a demo video! I've been looking forward to this for a long time now.

Thanks in advance for your help! Cheers! (:
Gear sig... 'cause you know, originality:

Jackson JS32R Dinky (w/EMG 81 and brass parts)
Ovation Applause AE128
Line 6 Spider IV 30 (Cleans are awesome!)
Dunlop GCB95 Original Crybaby Wah
Forgive me if I have the wrong end of the stick, but I assume you are blocking the tremolo? If so you would save a lot of money by not getting the Floyd Rose special.
Also with how much cheaper guitars are in the states (lucky bastards!) may I also suggest looking into getting a whole guitar for that much money? I'm pretty sure you could pick up an LTD MH/M/H or even a higher end Jackson with most of that stuff already installed.
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
Forgive me if I have the wrong end of the stick, but I assume you are blocking the tremolo? If so you would save a lot of money by not getting the Floyd Rose special.
Also with how much cheaper guitars are in the states (lucky bastards!) may I also suggest looking into getting a whole guitar for that much money? I'm pretty sure you could pick up an LTD MH/M/H or even a higher end Jackson with most of that stuff already installed.

I totally see what you're saying. But I do want to get a whole new bridge so I can get a string retainer bar, Jacksons don't have those. Without the bar whenever you lock your nuts your strings go WAAAAY sharp and your tuning is screwed up so I would much rather buy a whole $80 bridge set than just a new bar for $25. And the FRS is made better than the licensed floyd my guitar already has.

Besides, I want to play this guitar till it looks like this:

Ovation Applause AE128
haha fair enough buddy, I was wondering about other more subtle things like that in the bridge that made you want to upgrade yet still block it after I posted :p. The combination of the new bridge, claw, springs and block should really help it scream and sustain to be honest. With regards to the pickups, I'm pretty sure it should all fit in nicely, the biggest issue is usually the battery when you install EMG's into a guitar, as long ad you wrap it in something that will insulate it nicely so it doesn't short out the guitar by making accidental contact with your pots and things it will be fine . The switch should also fit with no extra routing or anything either, EMG circuitry is designed to fit pretty much all guitars easily. If anything it will be a teensy bit of sanding in your control cavities.
Also the solderless fitting if EMG's is just the sex imo, I'm not an incompetant solderer, it just makes switching out pickups and all that other good stuff a breeze, you can even solder non EMG products to these "plug and play" rigs. It's amazing.
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
haha fair enough buddy, I was wondering about other more subtle things like that in the bridge that made you want to upgrade yet still block it after I posted :p. The combination of the new bridge, claw, springs and block should really help it scream and sustain to be honest. With regards to the pickups, I'm pretty sure it should all fit in nicely, the biggest issue is usually the battery when you install EMG's into a guitar, as long ad you wrap it in something that will insulate it nicely so it doesn't short out the guitar by making accidental contact with your pots and things it will be fine . The switch should also fit with no extra routing or anything either, EMG circuitry is designed to fit pretty much all guitars easily. If anything it will be a teensy bit of sanding in your control cavities.
Also the solderless fitting if EMG's is just the sex imo, I'm not an incompetant solderer, it just makes switching out pickups and all that other good stuff a breeze, you can even solder non EMG products to these "plug and play" rigs. It's amazing.

Yep, I'm in it for the sustain! I've done enough research but I was still unsure about the pickup selector switch, thanks! I should have this stuff installed shortly so I'll be sure to post it.

Ovation Applause AE128
Don't waste your money on a new trem if you are going to block it. You can buy a string retainer bar from just about any guitar parts supplier. If you're in the US, look into allparts and stewmac, as well as eBay.

Seriously, putting Floyd Special in there when you are going to block it will give you ZERO improvements. And buying a Special for the string retainer bar is spending $80 on a $10 part.

Also, hate to be that guy, but your money would be better spent on a new amp.
Quote by W4RP1G
Don't waste your money on a new trem if you are going to block it. You can buy a string retainer bar from just about any guitar parts supplier. If you're in the US, look into allparts and stewmac, as well as eBay.

Seriously, putting Floyd Special in there when you are going to block it will give you ZERO improvements. And buying a Special for the string retainer bar is spending $80 on a $10 part.

Also, hate to be that guy, but your money would be better spent on a new amp.

You've got a point but the Special is exponentialy better than the Jackson licensed. The sustain will be better and I can switch between floating and blocked real easily. And I can get a great sound out of my Line 6, I do have a decent sense of tone :P

The distortion might not be so hot but the cleans on it are great. That's what pedals are for, I'll grab some.

Ovation Applause AE128
I have to agree. Nothing will help your tone more than a new amplifier.

And it's going to take a looong time for your guitar to wear out like that, its got a quite thick poly finish.
I'm pretty sure string retainers are put onto guitars with necks that aren't tilted to an angle. For example, a fender headstock like the one you posted is flat. String retainers on floyds are for these flat headstocks in order to get the angle needed for the locking nut. Your Jackson headstock is built at an angle which means you don't need a retainer.

Don't go buying a new tremolo system just for the retainer, to solve the issue of your tuning going sharp when you lock the nut down. I've not come across a floyd style trem that doesn't define strings slightly when you lock the nut down.

The emg switch will fit no doubt.

Like the others said, you need a new amp if you want better sustain, not new pickups. They're gonna sound so slightly different in that amp you'll barely hear it.

There really isn't much point spending as much as you're planning to on such a cheap guitar, whether you want it to have a beat up look or not.
If you want suuuuuuuuussssssssstaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiin, get a Sustainer pickup from Fernandes...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Lavatain
I'm pretty sure string retainers are put onto guitars with necks that aren't tilted to an angle. For example, a fender headstock like the one you posted is flat. String retainers on floyds are for these flat headstocks in order to get the angle needed for the locking nut. Your Jackson headstock is built at an angle which means you don't need a retainer.

This isn't true, a retainer helps guitars with an angled headstock as well. I've owned several with retainers and several without, and the difference a retainer makes is noticeable.

TS, a Floyd Special isn't superior to a Jackson Floyd in every way. I does have better tuning stability due to it having better knife edge material. If you intend to use it floating from time to time, then it's probably worth the upgrade. If not, then it isn't.