1) I purchased a Mooer Cruncher pedal from marcmart some time ago and I finally noticed a problem with it. My volume seems to spike significantly around the 7-8 o'clock area. It's kind of frustrating since I need my clean and distorted sounds to be the same levels as well as the knobs being super tiny and hard to see where exactly the knob is set to or being set to. Is there a simple way to fix this?

2a) I'm having trouble deciding between buying an EQ, Noise Gate, or Compressor for my next pedal purchase. I recently came into some extra money and I'm not sure which kind of pedal I should get. I'd like an EQ, mostly to put into the loop, to change my amp's tone a little bit or to use as a boost for solos. A noise gate would be great because of my amp's slight hiss/hum, plus I use a Stratocaster on top of that. I play in a worship band, so having as little noise go through the system would help out with the sound and music. The compressor would be great to give me a nice even sound. We do some direct, live recordings and I think a compressor would make my guitar sound better in the recording as well as live.

2b) Of the three pedals, which brand or specific pedal should I get? So far, I have been looking at the Boss GE-7 for EQ, the ISP Decimator for a Noise Gate, or the MXR Dyna Comp for Compressor. I'd like to keep each pedal under $120.

3) And finally, I've been wondering which strings have the longest life expectancy? I've got super sweaty hands. I can go through a set of strings after playing them through 2-3 days. Heck, the EB Cobalts didn't even last me the whole day when I put them on. I've tried Elixers, Cleartones, and D'Addario EXP strings. So far, the best ones were the Elixers, which lasted for about one or two weeks of constant playing. Are there any other strings, preferably coated, that could last me longer than the Elixers?
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
1) Contact Mooer.
2)Compressor.
2b) I use a Marshall 'The Compressor'. I'd always chose a compressor with a control for boost on highs or lows.

Define 'going through' strings? Do you break them?
Huh, for some reason I didn't even think about contacting them haha. As for question two, I think I've decided to actually go with EQ, Noise Gate, then Comp. Is there a reason you say compressor vs the other two?

By 'going through' strings, I mean that they get grimy and uncomfortable to play with. I haven't had problems with broken strings.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Quote by EncoreBlade
Huh, for some reason I didn't even think about contacting them haha. As for question two, I think I've decided to actually go with EQ, Noise Gate, then Comp. Is there a reason you say compressor vs the other two?

By 'going through' strings, I mean that they get grimy and uncomfortable to play with. I haven't had problems with broken strings.

1. MXR 10 band
2. ISP decimator
3. not a MXR dyna comp.

personally i would go with the 10 band first. it can do a lot to your tone if placed in the loop. i had one until it died and will get another one when i get around to it, (but as far as my gear sits, i don't really have anything i need to correct).

the isp is just the best i tried. a lot of people like the boss model, because it has more options, but the isp IMO gets things done and impacts your tone less.

no on the dyna comp becuase they are extremely loud and it colors your tone a decent bit. i had one and got rid of it in a trade. but if you are short on cash, you could live with it. i think i only paid like $30. but there are much better options out there.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/