So, from the looks and most reviews, the strings were pretty good, and that was my initial thought when I got my guitar stringed.. Day one was great, both strumming and fingerpicking, but on day two the unique and beautiful sound when i was strumming started fading away.. It still sounds pretty good when i fingerpick, but when i strum, especially with the little e, b and g strings, it just sounds off somehow. Like it isn't in tune but it is!

Has anyone else tried these strings and had the same experience or did i just get a bad batch.

Also, These strings seem to get out of tune in a very weird way.. Usually my strings go down in tune, like from G to F (just an example, since it doesnt get that much out of tune ofc.) but with these ones they go the other way, G would turn into A ? What is happening xD

Anyone else tried these and had some of the same experiences? Are they rubbish, or am i just unlucky?
Did you get them in a different gauge? Sometimes I'll go fro m 9-10s and I'll have to adjust my intonation slightly. Bad intonation can result in your guitar not sounding right as you go up and down the fretboard.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Quote by EncoreBlade
Did you get them in a different gauge? Sometimes I'll go fro m 9-10s and I'll have to adjust my intonation slightly. Bad intonation can result in your guitar not sounding right as you go up and down the fretboard.

Well, do you mean different from my last set of strings or different from string to string than what they should be like. They are a little lighter than then last ones i had, if that was what you meant. And what do you mean by intonation?
Yea a different set from your last string change. You can look up intonation for the official definition, but basically if you're guitar isn't intonated properly, which can happen due to various reasons such as going to a different string gauge set, your guitar won't sound right. You may tune the open strings all perfect, but once you start going down the frets, you'll notice that the notes aren't in tune at all. Check out the electric guitar forum. They have a sticky and help thread for this.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Quote by EncoreBlade
Yea a different set from your last string change. You can look up intonation for the official definition, but basically if you're guitar isn't intonated properly, which can happen due to various reasons such as going to a different string gauge set, your guitar won't sound right. You may tune the open strings all perfect, but once you start going down the frets, you'll notice that the notes aren't in tune at all. Check out the electric guitar forum. They have a sticky and help thread for this.

Actually, this isnt for an electric guitar.. The earthwood ones are Acoustic strings but i found this :http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/gear_maintenance/intonation.html I'll be reading
Last edited by MarcFlink at Apr 16, 2013,
Probably would've been better to post in the acoustic forum then.

As far as strings go, its all personal preference so its hard to say what one person will like over another. If you didn't like this set, then go back to what you did like or try something else, pretty simple really.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Probably would've been better to post in the acoustic forum then.

As far as strings go, its all personal preference so its hard to say what one person will like over another. If you didn't like this set, then go back to what you did like or try something else, pretty simple really.

No, the thread is about the strings not about intonation actually (even though that might be the problem i have anyway) And therefore it belongs in this forum since it does include string discussion.