Poll: how do you feel about american remakes
Poll Options
View poll results: how do you feel about american remakes
I think they should get their own damn ideas and stop stealing sh!t from everyone all the time
44 54%
I'm flattered when our stuff gets remade. doesnt take away from the originals
15 19%
dont mind, but the remakes are usually watered-down versions so I stick to the originals
30 37%
I'm not american and to be honest, I prefer a lot of american remakes to the originals
14 17%
I dont give a rats ass. the american media can do what they want
27 33%
its disrespectful when americans ignore the original and act like the remake is the premier version
39 48%
I don't really like foriegn sh!t. give me the american remake any day of the week
21 26%
Voters: 81.
Page 1 of 2
whether it be remakes of british shows like shameless and x-factor, or remakes of asian films like infernal affairs (the departed) and japanese horror (the ring). what do you think about the repackaging of your media as distinctly american and not accepting it as it is?

i'm watching the american version of house of cards and i'm shocked as to how it completely blows away the original british version. now it has real production values (kevin spacey with david fincher directing--are you kidding me?) and having it set in washington makes the stakes seem that much higher. its more fitting somehow. the british version was boring as hell
almost as bad as your threads
so pretty bad
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by CarryMeHome
Wilfred's pretty good

exception that proves the rule, I think
Quote by CarryMeHome
Wilfred's pretty good

Definitely the exception that proves the rule.

EDIT: Dammit, Hydra
Inbetweeners US and Skins US. Just no.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

US Office is the only one I like.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
TV is mostly shit no matter where you look though.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
TV is mostly shit no matter where you look though.

Apart from in Britopia, of course
Quote by Trowzaa
Inbetweeners US and Skins US. Just no.

are you suggesting skins UK is actually good? i've never seen it but i can't even comprehend that possibility
Quote by whywefight
are you suggesting skins UK is actually good? i've never seen it but i can't even comprehend that possibility

I had a few wanks to it, gotta count for something
Well look at Top Gear US compared to Top Gear UK anyone that actually likes the US version must be downs syndrome or high as **** on glue. Also what about the remakes of American movies or TV shows from like the 60s and 70s.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by Hydra150
I had a few wanks to it, gotta count for something

I can say the same thing about the underside of the cover on my bed. Does that make it worthy for television?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

I'd say so
In terms of modern TV, you're probably right.

I need an accountant.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

There's an American version of Oldboy coming out later this year
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
good example is [rec] vs Quarantine, Quarantine movies are complete shit, shouldn't have been made
sunbather is shit
Quote by beefcake122
good example is [rec] vs Quarantine, Quarantine movies are complete shit, shouldn't have been made

Quarantine is a solid film, Jenny Carpenter did a great job. Not as good as the original, but not terrible. The sequel had potential, but the second the plane landed it got dull.

Remakes are hit and miss. Sometimes they work, as in The Departed, The Ring, sometimes they don't. They'll always be a part of cinema though, things have always been getting remakes, it's not as new a thing as people think it is.
Depends. I have no problem with redoing a foreign film in English. Sometimes the remakes are actually better. I thought the American version of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was much better than the Swedish film.

However, remaking British shows/movies in America is usually a bad thing, although I thought the American Office was pretty good.
Quote by BelowTheSun
Quarantine is a solid film, Jenny Carpenter did a great job. Not as good as the original, but not terrible. The sequel had potential, but the second the plane landed it got dull.

Remakes are hit and miss. Sometimes they work, as in The Departed, The Ring, sometimes they don't. They'll always be a part of cinema though, things have always been getting remakes, it's not as new a thing as people think it is.

idk I really couldn't stand it, felt like I was watching some B horror movie, but it lacked any of the charm those movies have, I just didn't like it
sunbather is shit
Jenny Carpenter has all the charm I could ever need

TV-wise, I really like The Office US, but otherwise tend to dislike. Maybe it's because I'm British and there is a noticeable difference between British and American humour.
The only good one I've seen is The Office.

Inbetweeners US should have never gotten past the pilot.

Top Gear USA gets more hate than it deserves. In terms of humour, no it's not as good and it never will be but they have some fun challenges that they do in their own way. Not to mention that Tanner Foust is an actual racing/stunt driver.

I can't actually think of another others I've seen. Apparently a US version of Fawlty Towers was being thought about (maybe even a pilot was made) but that never came to be and thank **** for that.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I don't really see the point in remaking a series/movie that is in your own language already.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
I have no idea, I would only watch them if I was American and even then, most things are pretty shit anyway
Quote by whywefight

Series 1 and 2 were fantastic. 3 and 4 were meh. 5 was unbearable.

1 and 2 had a great storyline, 3 and 4 was just "lol drugs n parties". There was a ****ing party in the sewer as if that was a normal thing that happens.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by beefcake122

to be fair though, the original [rec] was F*CKING horrible too. so when it comes to the remake, its like trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit
Quote by revo_9
to be fair though, the original [rec] was F*CKING horrible too. so when it comes to the remake, its like trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit

um excuse me? [rec] is amazing Found footage movies are my favorite though so I'm kind of biased.
sunbather is shit
Quote by Swannie
There's an American version of Oldboy coming out later this year

I have no idea how to feel about it. I don't think it should be made but it's got a good cast and Spike Lee is pretty good.

Either way, I'll probably go see it and be disappointed if it doesn't have a fantastic one take fight scene or as affective an ending.
I like the American version of England. USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
I like the American version of England. USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

New England is pretty cool.
Quote by beefcake122
um excuse me? [rec] is amazing Found footage movies are my favorite though so I'm kind of biased.

you have horrible taste in movies if you think [rec] was a good film
Lemme tell you how I feel about a little dyke named Killjoy_Bentley instead: So glad he's not around here anymore...if only he didn't make poorly disguised multi's to continue his campaign of inane poll threads.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by revo_9
you have horrible taste in movies if you think [rec] was a good film

Regardless of a film I've never watched, you have horrible taste in threads.
The Departed would've been better than Infernal Affairs if not for that shitty Pink Floyd song.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Page 1 of 2