In a word, no.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
In a word, no.

+1
This
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Closest you would come would be a Plus Top guitar from Epiphone, but it wont have the fancy inlays or the fancy headstock inlay, but they use AAA or AAAA maple veneers on the Plus Top Epiphone's so they look really deadly, of course still a veneer but whatevs you get that awesome heavy flame maple look.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I had the Gibson version. Put it this way, it's the only guitar I've ever sent back.

what was wrong with it?
The only selling point for the Supreme is that it's iced out like nobody's business. Every consideration is about how cool it looks, and they don't seem to have given a crap about how it sounds. I've only played a few Supremes but they were all dogs.

I'm fairly certain they're guitars meant to be hung on a collector's wall and never actually played.
Quote by Roc8995
The only selling point for the Supreme is that it's iced out like nobody's business. Every consideration is about how cool it looks, and they don't seem to have given a crap about how it sounds. I've only played a few Supremes but they were all dogs.

I'm fairly certain they're guitars meant to be hung on a collector's wall and never actually played.

My feelings too.

I owned one
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by dantheamazingfu
just wondering if epiphone has an equivalent to the gibson les paul supreme.

i don't think epiphone makes anything that bad honestly.
I tried a few Supremes, they didn't seem that bad to me, just poorly designed and not special enough to match the expectations that come with a name like 'Supreme'. Installing everything through the jack is very dumb and to the best of my knowledge they came before Gibson started using the PLEK system on everything, too. Basically you're getting a less practical Standard at a higher price for the sake of a fancy figured back and some larger inlays with. The ones I've played have been fine guitars. Not great, not better and certainly not supreme, but fine.

Really what they should have done is made it a Custom Shop limited run. Then it might be worthy of the name and it would stand a chance of living up to the expectations set by the name and the price tag.
That, and put in some form of rear access, because jesus christ. Have you ever tried changing pickups on an ES-335? You know how shitty it is to do? Working on an LP Supreme is all the same problems, doubled.

Very pretty but high maintenance, stupid and hard to get inside of. Truly the supermodel of the guitar world.

Quote by gregs1020
i don't think epiphone makes anything that bad honestly.

They make things which are lower quality but they make nothing as stupid. Epiphones are lovely to work on, they're (almost) always practically-designed and that's a much larger variety of parts that will fit them.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Apr 16, 2013,
the two we had at the store when i worked there, bleh.

one rattled, so something came apart inside and was just bouncing around. that one didn't work so we sent it back. the other one had some neck issue, it was twisting towards the high strings, sent back as well.

neither came back to our store, thank goodness.

even a supermodel can be fun to look at, those things are hideous.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 16, 2013,
Quote by MrFlibble
They make things which are lower quality but they make nothing as stupid. Epiphones are lovely to work on, they're (almost) always practically-designed and that's a much larger variety of parts that will fit them.

i have nothing against epiphones.

some of the LQ ones are quite tempting.
If they weren't made in China, I'd own a lot more Epis. There's no other guitar like the Phant-o-matic around, I love the Wildkat and I've not seen another triple-P-90 archtop outside of Epiphone. But I won't buy anything from China, so they're a write-off for me.
My korean explorer is still one of the best guitars I have played and that isnt just my opinion.... There are gems and shit ones.

Just like every brand.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Very pretty but high maintenance, stupid and hard to get inside of. Truly the supermodel of the guitar world.

Excellent!

There's no other guitar like the Phant-o-matic around, I love the Wildkat and I've not seen another triple-P-90 archtop outside of Epiphone.

I have a friend who just bought a Wildkat- I was inpressed!

I know of a few 3xP90 guitars, but I'm not recalling any of them being archtops, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 16, 2013,