Page 1 of 2
There's a hunger strike going on in Gitmo, and one of the prisoners has a piece published in the New York times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/15/opinion/hunger-striking-at-guantanamo-bay.html?_r=0

What do you think will result from this?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
holy shit. New york times. Normally you are an embarrassing repository of ass kissing, white house soup of the day, career journalist bullshit.

OT, that was a really great article. Hope something comes of it.
Quote by CoreysMonster
If he's a prisoner, how did he contact the New York Times?

At the end of the article:

Samir Naji al Hasan Moqbel, a prisoner at Guantánamo Bay since 2002, told this story, through an Arabic interpreter, to his lawyers at the legal charity Reprieve in an unclassified telephone call.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
a bunch of hungry prisoners.

not much else
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by rockingamer2
There's a hunger strike going on in Gitmo, and one of the prisoners has a piece published in the New York times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/15/opinion/hunger-striking-at-guantanamo-bay.html?_r=0

What do you think will result from this?

Wait what, I thought they shut Gitmo down? Also Sam is right nothing will come of it just look at all the people they waterboarded and stuff there, that came out to the public and it was like "yeah so what dem terrorists deserve it" I don't think hunger strikes really work any more people don't seem to have enough compassion, I know I dont. There is a hobo having a hunger strike here in Vancouver because of gentrification, my first thoughts were "He's homeless he probably doesn't have food to eat anyways so how is this a strike"
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by CoreysMonster
If he's a prisoner, how did he contact the New York Times?
I know there's been a greater media presence over there because some of the prisoners were being given trials. Maybe one of the prisoners contacted a journalist who was there, or maybe the hunger strike was organised to coincide with the media presence.
Quote by ne14t
Wait what, I thought they shut Gitmo down? Also Sam is right nothing will come of it just look at all the people they waterboarded and stuff there, that came out to the public and it was like "yeah so what dem terrorists deserve it" I don't think hunger strikes really work any more people don't seem to have enough compassion, I know I dont. There is a hobo having a hunger strike here in Vancouver because of gentrification, my first thoughts were "He's homeless he probably doesn't have food to eat anyways so how is this a strike"

Obama said they were going to shut Gitmo down. It never happened.

I wonder whether the guy is really what he says he is. He said he just happened to end up as a "terror suspect" and was shipped off to Gitmo despite his innocence, but there's some instinct that wants me to think he's lying about being innocent. Maybe I'm just being a cynical asshole about it...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 15, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

I wonder whether the guy is really what he says he is. He said he just happened to end up as a "terror suspect" and was shipped off to Gitmo despite his innocence, but there's some instinct that wants me to think he's lying about being innocent. Maybe I'm just being a cynical asshole about it...

All criminals are innocent cmon now we all know this! Also I can't believe Obama lied, totally not cool!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Go read up on Shaker Aamer. He was cleared for release in 2007 but they still haven't let him out. Most of his time has been spent in solitary confinement. Presumably they don't want him talking about the shit they've subjected him too. Obama's an embarrassment for not sticking to his word, and it's a shame people don't make more of a deal over it.
Quote by raoooos
Go read up on Shaker Aamer. He was cleared for release in 2007 but they still haven't let him out. Most of his time has been spent in solitary confinement. Presumably they don't want him talking about the shit they've subjected him too. Obama's an embarrassment for not sticking to his word, and it's a shame people don't make more of a deal over it.

Ah, I was not aware of that. But really, it doesn't surprise that me Obama essentially made a feel-good statement on shutting down Gitmo. It's really quite stupid and a blight on the American reputation (not that the US had a great rep anyway).
Using food to get people to get false confessions instead of water-boarding is the likely consequence.
Quote by raoooos

Holy shit I just read the story about this dude, they didn't even have evidence to initially charge him with nor has he been charged, that's scary that they can take a non-American citizen and arrest them and detain them for over 11 years for no reason, that should be illegal, all because what someone with the same family name did something for Bin Laden, could pull the same name blame shit on a one Barack HUSSIEN Obama...maybe he is the long lost cousin to the late Saddam
Well either Gitmo gets closed down or they all die of starvation. Can't really lose either way...
Quote by ne14t
Holy shit I just read the story about this dude, they didn't even have evidence to initially charge him with nor has he been charged, that's scary that they can take a non-American citizen and arrest them and detain them for over 11 years for no reason, that should be illegal, all because what someone with the same family name did something for Bin Laden, could pull the same name blame shit on a one Barack HUSSIEN Obama...maybe he is the long lost cousin to the late Saddam

Here's the thing. There's laws on the books that allow them to take both American citizens and non-citizens and detain them indefinitely. They've been on the books since Bush was in office.
Maybe he shouldn't have gone to jail in the first place
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
There's definitely no way the prisoner could be lying in the article. Absolutely no way at all. Nope.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
They've been detained with out trial for how long now?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/14/guantanamo-bay-last-uk-detainee

At least the Croydon guy's out of it, but not the Battersea guy.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Quote by bradulator
Maybe he shouldn't have gone to jail in the first place

Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Quote by JustRooster
There's definitely no way the prisoner could be lying in the article. Absolutely no way at all. Nope.
So he probably should have been given a trial to find out.
Quote by psyks

Good reply.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Oh America.
Oh human rights.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Disgusting stuff. It really pisses me off that our government refuses to deal with these prisoners. Either give them a trial, or release them.

There is no excuse to hold someone for over 11 years without giving them a trial.

Quote by JustRooster

Yeah, because we know that nothing bad has ever happened at Gitmo. Not once ever. We know that all of those detainees have had trials, and haven't been held for years without being tried for their supposed crimes.

Oh wait...
Quote by daytripper75
Disgusting stuff. It really pisses me off that our government refuses to deal with these prisoners. Either give them a trial, or release them.

There is no excuse to hold someone for over 11 years without giving them a trial.

Yeah, because we know that nothing bad has ever happened at Gitmo. Not once ever. We know that all of those detainees have had trials, and haven't been held for years without being tried for their supposed crimes.

Oh wait...

I worked on a POW camp. Not Gitmo, but one of the big ones in Iraq. There are so many eyes on that place that you can't even look at detainee wrong without getting your career ruined.

Trust me. The kind of mistreatment that you saw in Abu Grhaib and 2002 Gitmo gets people put in jail for 15+ years. As it should.

I'm just saying, every detainee says they didn't do it. Every single one.

Quote by psyks

Maybe he did have a trial and he's just saying he didn't? I've worked in the system, and those kind of guys usually not only get trials, but released within 2-3 months. Even guys we KNOW did it got released. Guys who go to Gitmo don't get there by accident. Those are THE bad guys.

EDIT: The article also reads that he was arrested by Pakistanis in 2001. Do you think the Pakistanis turn people over to the US unless they were part of some serious shit? No one ends up at Gitmo because "Someone said that he was a bodyguard of Osama Bin Laden." There was so much BS intel floating around in 2002 that you didn't have the resources to act on jack shit unless you were very sure it was correct.

Trust me, I've watched confirmed murderers go free in those POW camps. They left healthier because they got full US medical service that it's own citizens didn't get. They had food that was inspected by the UN daily to be of 3 star Restaurant quality or higher. They have TVs, free schooling if they opted in, and even shit like cigarettes, chewing tobacco and gum.

This dude who's in the article even has a free American lawyer. And let's not forget that he's skinny and hungry by his own choice. I'm not going to feel sorry for a dude that won't eat. Of course he's going to say he didn't do it. Of course he will.
Last edited by JustRooster at Apr 16, 2013,
Quote by JustRooster
Guys who go to Gitmo don't get there by accident. Those are THE bad guys.
And the 10 or so children who ended up detained there?
Quote by psyks

Because kids never planted a bomb or pulled triggers in Iraq and Afghanistan. The average age of the a member of the Takfiri (the terrorist group I'm most familiar in dealing with) was like 19.
Listen, I'm not putting blind faith in government. I'm just saying that I know the military prison system, and this dude who's got a US lawyer, the American 1st Amendment, and the ability to hunger strike on will isn't there by accident.

I just don't see any way this dude is innocent.
Quote by psyks

How old?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by JustRooster
(the terrorist group I'm most familiar in dealing with)

Watch out guys, we've got a badass over here!
Quote by JustRooster
I just don't see any way this dude is innocent.
Let's loop back round, because as much as I trust your opinion, neither of us know the specifics of his case. Maybe he should have a trial with lawyers who do?
Quote by MetalMullet
Watch out guys, we've got a badass over here!

Such a simple statement of fact intimidates you?
My God, it's full of stars!
Page 1 of 2