What do you think.
Can you be a good musician AND a good programmer.
Or do you need to do something full time to be good at it?
Those are in no way mutually exclusive.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
i definitely could, but probably not you
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
TS's username is probably indicative of the tempo at which he thinks.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Impossible, you have to dedicate your entire life, every waking minute of it to only one hobby, poly-hobbyists are not accepted in any culture and are generally killed at birth.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
This post caught my eye <.<

You can be 'good' at many things, depends how good you want to be I suppose.
Your never going to learn to be the next greatest guitarist if you spend time on other hobbies,
Likes wise your probably never going to be a famous guitarists so don't quit that day job

In short yes, of-course you can, I am XD
They are in no way related.

Thats like saying "can you be a good peadophile AND a good surfer". Being good/bad at one has no effect at being good/bad at the other.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03

Thats like saying "can you be a good peadophile AND a good surfer". Being good/bad at one has no effect at being good/bad at the other.

leony03
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by leony03

Why did you pick pedophile? You could have picked anything else, but you HAD to pick pedophile!

I feel like the implied emotional state of the above character is what I'm feeling right now, leony. You just had to...
Quote by theogonia777
leony03

I demand a recount!

Although to be honest, I don't see anything bad with his analogy. He just picked two ridiculous options to make a point.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
I demand a recount!

Although to be honest, I don't see anything bad with his analogy. He just picked two ridiculous options to make a point.

That's what's bad about it.
Quote by rockingamer2
I demand a recount!

Except that music and programming can have overlapping elements, especially with specific types of programming (MIDI program, music software programming, etc).

On the other hand, unless you have a pedophile that only is interested in surfer kids, I don't see how there can be any correlation there outside the realm of complete absurdity and strawman arguments.
Quote by RPGoof
I can write music as well as I can write code if thats what you're asking

Pretty much this for me.

Except I'm shit at both....
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by theogonia777

Seriously though I play guitar well (or so I tell myself to be able to sleep at night) and I'm not too shabby with programming/synthesis/ect.
Quote by theogonia777
Except that music and programming can have overlapping elements, especially with specific types of programming (MIDI program, music software programming, etc).

On the other hand, unless you have a pedophile that only is interested in surfer kids, I don't see how there can be any correlation there outside the realm of complete absurdity and strawman arguments.

I thought TS's question was absurd, and that an absurd response was reasonable.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I'm a fairly decent musician and a decent programmer. Not a master at either, but how many people are masters of anything at 23?

I AM, however, a master idiot.
****ing Japan and their ****ing (awesome) hologram concerts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXO7KGHtjI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goChPAcicZU
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Quote by theogonia777

bazinga
Quote by treborillusion
****ing Japan and their ****ing (awesome) hologram concerts.

wut
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by rockingamer2
I thought TS's question was absurd, and that an absurd response was reasonable.

Yes, his question was absurd, but the level of absurdity of the aforementioned response was too much. It ruined it.
Quote by PlecPicker

Your never going to learn to be the next greatest guitarist if you spend time on other hobbies.

Why not? A lot of famous musicians are also amazing at a lot of other things.
fuck
Quote by muffinduck01
Pretty much this for me.

Except I'm shit at both....

This sums me up rather nicely.

I'd say (and I hope) that I'm a better programmer than musician, though.

Also, holographic concerts seem like such a boring idea. The other musicians can do some improv, but the singer will be the same every time. What's the point of a live show, then?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Apr 16, 2013,
Quote by Burgery
i definitely could, but probably not you

Good god Burg, you're always spot on.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Both question and my analogy were absurd. That was the point. Like rockingamer2 said, I picked two random things that you wouldn't relate to each other in most ways. I could have picked any combination such as 'Taxi Driver and Fry Cook' or 'President and Sewing'.

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
Both question and my analogy were absurd. That was the point. Like rockingamer2 said, I picked two random things that you wouldn't relate to each other in most ways. I could have picked any combination such as 'Taxi Driver and Fry Cook' or 'President and Sewing'.

Taxi Driver and Fry Cook would have made me groan less...
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

it's not all about you sam
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
it's not all about you sam

IS TOO!

/sigh
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 16, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

#dealwithit

Quote by angusfan16