Hey guys, besides my work with my band I also enjoy doing some "filmmaking". I am currently in what you could call film school, so a lot of stuff is for class. I made this short film (only 1 min long) for a contest. Hopefully some of ya'll will enjoy it. I would welcome any constructive criticism you may have (i am VERY new at this). I would also love to check out any work you guys may have as far as this sort of thing goes. Networking FTW! Enjoy, feel free to share and subscribe if you so desire.

http://youtu.be/MvBs3FSlLZo
that guy has stunning hearing to be able to hear a phone ringing off in the woods
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Good stuff, op. Especially the music and how you used it was really good.
That was fantastic, especially the music...
I just found your beanie/hat/thing really really distracting
I actually thought the music was unnecessary and detracted from the mood. Sound is clearly integral to the narrative. There are various points you carefully placed sounds: The door closing, the slap, the swings. These get buried under the music. The very end when the cell phone rings cutting through the silence is the pivotal moment. If you use silence strategically it makes the points where sound effects are strategically placed much more effective.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
It's decent for a beginner's trial. Overall just a little choppy to me and doesn't have a strong coherence in the pacing/editing. The composition of your shots could be stronger as well. And as someone who specializes in film scoring, I don't think the music worked at all. Neither cues were the right tone and pacing for the story.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
WELL WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED

is it just her coat laying there with her phone in it or is she dead right there or something
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
WELL WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED

is it just her coat laying there with her phone in it or is she dead right there or something

She got raped.

By him.

But he doesn't remember it, so now he's going to go on a manhunt for the guy who raped his love even though it's actually him. It's kinda like Memento meets Fight Club.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Yeah, I originally watched this with the video muted because it's SILENT FILM and I had no freakin' clue what was going on. Like, why did he walk into the woods?

2/10 would not do again
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by snipelfritz
She got raped.

By him.

But he doesn't remember it, so now he's going to go on a manhunt for the guy who raped his love even though it's actually him. It's kinda like Memento meets Fight Club.

aw shit nigga
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Thanks for all the input, both positive and negative. Unfourtunately the concept of the film wasnt well thought out, since my original concept fell through. Basically it is up to you to decide what happened. A cop out, i know. Also, many of the sound effects were added in post, but the slap was legit. It freaking hurt too haha.

Also on the beanie being "distracting"...it was cold outside haha.