Hey All,

After some years, I've gone back to using my Oxfuzz Silicon and I keep getting radio transmissions/interference. I've been told that this is fairly commonplace with Fuzz Faces, but it's REALLY noticable. I've run it with a battery, and then from my VoodooLabs PP+. The noise/interference was slightly less noticable when running the pedal with a battery, but I run all my pedals from my VLPP+

Anything I can do to fix this? Or should I leave this to a pro? Or am I screwed? Or what?

I'd appreciate some direction, as usual.

-Major Bludd
Don't use it.

Free bump.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
If it was a tube amp I would say you need a screen grid resister between the jack and V1. I am ignorant as far as pedals. Sounds like either poor shielding/and or design. I wonder what the input impedance is and if anyone else is having this problem.

Was it always like this?

https://sites.google.com/site/g33rb00k/effects/builders/oxfuzz/silicon
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Apr 15, 2013,
Quote by R45VT
If it was a tube amp I would say you need a screen grid resister between the jack and V1. I am ignorant as far as pedals. Sounds like either poor shielding/and or design. I wonder what the input impedance is and if anyone else is having this problem.

Was it always like this?

https://sites.google.com/site/g33rb00k/effects/builders/oxfuzz/silicon

I would think so, yes. There was always a bit of Radio Interference, but not as bad as it is now. Weird, I know...
!!!

Hey R45VT! I just read that link a little more carefully, and the radio transmission it is picking up is indeed in Spanish!

My God, so it`s not just mine!
Quote by Major Bludd
!!!

Hey R45VT! I just read that link a little more carefully, and the radio transmission it is picking up is indeed in Spanish!

My God, so it`s not just mine!

Bad design.... If you have a soldering Iron try what CodeMonk suggested. He is a smart dude when it comes to pedals.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by R45VT
Bad design.... If you have a soldering Iron try what CodeMonk suggested. He is a smart dude when it comes to pedals.

I do alright.
I've been at this shit (Electronics in general) for 30+ years and Matt make me look like an idiot with this stuff

Another solution is to put a small value resistor (10 - 100 ohms) between the input capacitor and the Base of Q1 (The first transistor).