Hi there guys, I was wondering is the Boss PSA-230 ES adapter for boss single stomp boxes could be used for MXR pedals....??

Should I assume yes since they both use 9v Batteries or do i need to check some other power specs...??
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Whether the plug/input is centre negative or positive. There should be a diagram similar to this:

Centre negative (reverse for positive)
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by kennethdave
Hi there guys, I was wondering is the Boss PSA-230 ES adapter for boss single stomp boxes could be used for MXR pedals....??

Should I assume yes since they both use 9v Batteries or do i need to check some other power specs...??

no, you shouldn't ever assume anything, there are a vast minority of pedals which operate center positive. again not a lot, but in most cases it shows the little diagram on the pedal.

however what i do not know is what damage it would cause. i have never done it. and i am sure at some point i owned a center positive pedal, cant remember what one it is.

99% of the time you should be safe, but its simple to give it a good look and be sure.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I used a Boss adapter that came with my Microcube with my MXR Micro Chorus and it worked. Though I don't know if the adapter was similar to the one you are going to use.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I use my boss power supply for all of my pedals that have power adapters (besides my whammy pedal since it uses a different voltage)