Page 1 of 2
I first started playing in 1999 when I was 12 but didn't really care about it until February 2000 when I was 13.

I'm 26 now & still playing.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
I think my aunt had me pick one up when I was but a wee lad

I couldn't play it till I was a teenager though
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Picked it up to help me quit smoking about 6-7 years ago. I started very late but, later is better then never. Jam to the 80's metal scene mostly.
I was about 25. No previous musical experience whatever. When I got out of the army in the late 60s, most everyone I hung out with played something... All old folkie musicians from St. Louis' "Gaslight Square" era.
I took up the guitar in self-defense. Still playing at 66....
I'm 16, I was 11 the first time I picked up the guitar, but it is only the past 2-3 years I've taken it seriously.
12. But I actually started plucking melodies my dad taught me on the uke when I was 3. I'm 20 now
You know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old.
I started at 13. I'm 24 now, so it's been a while.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
12. But I actually started plucking melodies my dad taught me on the uke when I was 3. I'm 20 now
I got my first guitar at 13 but didn't start seriously playing until I was 15
edit: now I'm 24
I smashed a few of my dads acoustic guitars when I was around 9. I stole a bass later on that year. I don't think it had strings on it for awhile though. I guess I was about 12-13 when I when I started to figure out some chords and a few parts of songs on the guitar. 25 years ago.
I think I was about 6-7. I'm now 21 and still suck at lead
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Started when I was 15 but it took me til about 20 to actually say that I can "play the guitar."
Started at 14 five years ago, but I can't say I'm taking it very seriously atm, since I have ongoing piano lessons. I did learn by ear a small pseudo-shred part of Dream Song by Joe Satriani yesterday though, so I like to think I'm at least decent.
Last edited by triface at Apr 16, 2013,
Quote by jugglingfreak
When I turned 40

3 years ago???
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
I started playing December 2006. I was 20 years old at the time.

Started my first band in 2009, a female-fronted gothic metal band called "Morgan's Grave".

Now i'm 26, and i'm in my 3rd project, an alternative rock band where i'm the lead singer and one of the guitar players.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I remember playing when I was very young, I didn't take it serious until I was 16 though, I am 23 now.
I was 16. I'm almost 21 now. Christ, 5 years has gone quick.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I guess I bought my first guitar at 23, learned basic open chords and boring beginner songs and quit after a month, didn't play for several years

Somehow discovered how awesome electric guitar is and started playing "seriously" at 27.
8 years old. 19 right now.

And that's just when I started playing guitar. I self learned piano/keyboard at around 4-5, and I used to be a drummer (stopped around 11 though).
20. Late starter, I guess. However, I never suffered from the syndrome many of my students encountered (becoming disillusioned with guitar and giving up trying to learn for 20 years, only to re-attempt it in later life).
12 or 13 but didn't really actually start playing until 18 though
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
12.5/13 is when I started, still loving it at 27
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Page 1 of 2