Page 1 of 2
I've heard a lot of different people say this lately. Thirties are the new twenties, twenties are the new teens. Yesterday I heard on the radio that while the typical age to experience your mid-life crisis was always fourty, nowadays most people have it at sixty. And a lot of people even go through quarter-life crises in their early to mid twenties. Also, most people don't get married and have children now until they're at least thirty.

As a twenty year old, this means I'll be part of the first generation to experience their teens twice. Hurrah? Or nah?

Do you think that your 30s are the new 20s?
Sounds like something someone in their 30s would say.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by FearMyLightning
Does 20 have "teen" spelled out in the number anywhere? No.

twenteenine
i don't know why i feel so dry
No, people who say this are stupid. They're just trying to A) justify their immature behavior and/or lack of responsibility OR B) trying to make themselves feel younger.
I wouldn't say there is that much of a difference but going by what I hear of my parents generations and others back then it definitely seems like there is some difference. Like 25 is the new 20
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by ErikLensherr

It's exactly what someone in their 30s would say.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
No, people who say this are stupid. They're just trying to A) justify their immature behavior and/or lack of responsibility OR B) trying to make themselves feel younger.

f u i do whut i want
Old people trying to look like young people are gross.

I find it weird when people say things like "yeah man she's actually pretty hot" when talking about these old gross wrinkled women. No they don't, they look awful. Stop encouraging them.

edit: I didn't read the OP and think I missed the point of the thread.
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
I'm 30 and I can confirm that I haven't matured one iota since I was 14.

wat
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Apr 16, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Shut up, you young 19 or 20 year old.

fuck man how did u know
im 22, 2 years ago i had a bit of that quarter-life crisis crap which sucked but whatevs. smoke some dope and murder some asians got my life back on track now i run a business
Quote by Nero Galon
I actually genuinely agree with Sam.

jesus christ, so do i!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
>Asks "How did you know?"
>Has birthdate on profile page

damn bro

ur like a modern day sherlock holmes or some shit
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Quote by captainsnazz
I hate thinking of you as old so I'm going to agree with this thing

Quote by WCPhils
wat

The fact you're all so surprised is reassuring proof of my continued immaturity.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

This 100%
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
I'm 30 and I can confirm that I haven't matured one iota since I was 14.

I believe you.
Quote by ErikLensherr

This.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
People who say that sound like idiots.

But yes, i have heard the thing about people having their midlife crisis at about 60, not entirely sure what the cause of it is. Maybe it's because badass old dudes like Liam Neeson and Bruce Willis are still going strong into their 50s and 60s.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Apr 16, 2013,
Quote by Jako215
My Mom says this a lot and shes 52. It's because she's black and still looks 35ish. Black people age better.

We want pics.
Is she hot?
im thirty, and i don't have kids, am not married, and still rock out so i sound 20 but am 30. And with the lengthening of the school system by everyone needed in a college degree, and needing longer to get settled, along with longer life expectancy it would make sence that life style platueas are shifting at the later years in life.
I think the posts in this thread pretty much prove Sam's point...

/thread
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Young people are less likely to "settle down" these days, or wait longer to do it. Guys in their 20s spend their afternoons glued to Call of Duty multiplayer, same as 15 year olds. People just out of college are finding it more difficult to start their desired career and instead find themselves working the same types of jobs they did while in school. It's hard to feel like a responsible adult in those circumstances.

Marriage is a catalyst for responsibility. Usually once someone's married they start wanting a family, and a family requires stability. Well, for most people marriage is postponed now because it seems like a purposeless exercise. A near 50% divorce rate doesn't breed confidence in matrimony. Men see it as a gamble in which if they lose they lose half of their personal wealth, and women being recently "empowered" want to explore their sexuality more while they're still young. So people generally don't start to look for a long term mate until later.
Page 1 of 2