Hi guys,

I just experienced a problem with my Mustang.
There's no sound sometimes when I switch from one pickup to another, most of the time there's no sound but sometimes I hear a very very thin sound from it. The problem started acuring a couple of weeks ago, but at first it wasn't that frequently, but now it's driving me nuts!

The guitar is two months old. Mustang Pawn Shop 2x humbucker, coil-spliting enabled (factory settings).

Can it be fixed easily (basic soldering)? Or should I bring it in a guitar shop?

Thanks!
Quote by 5_Years_Dead
Mustangs are crap. You should've bought a Chevy.

Did you get it from a shop? Did you register the warranty? Fender may use one of their techs for that, I'd give them a call.
OffsetOffset
Quote by SteveHOC
Did you get it from a shop? Did you register the warranty? Fender may use one of their techs for that, I'd give them a call.

Got it from Music Store (Koln, Germany) I live in Belgium near the French border
If its going in and out, probably the wire is just barely touching. id just take a look. could be a quick fix
shit guy, time for a new AXE toss it in the TRASH

ROFL JK go to a guitar shop where they gots a guitar technician
If solder joints are bad this could happen. Beware of "cold joints"
If this does not fix things, check out your capacitors.

It could also be problems with the volume pots themselves depending upon how Mustangs are wired up.

Sorry to be so general, I just don't know Mustangs too well and of course can't see what you are working with, may just be simpler to take to guitar center and pay to get it fixed.

If you are going to do reparis ti is a great opportunity to upgrade your pups as well.
^ that's a good idea *ahum* didn't thought of that.. Lol
Once my friend had to pay 36€ for changing his strings
You can guess how much they'll charge me for this :P
Quote by AmirT

I'm not really sure what you're looking for here. I suggested contacting Fender to see if they could utilize one of their techs to fix it for you, someone else suggested looking under the hood, someone else gave you physical possibilities of what could be wrong - all of which are viable. Maybe I'm misreading your posts, but it doesn't sound like you really want our help here.
OffsetOffset
Quote by AmirT

And your friend is not a bassist who got some 30€ strings? That's madness.
I mean, the regular customers at the local store pay something like 20€ which includes "regular/normal" strings, also fretboard oiling and such included.
I never pay that though, only pay for the strings. Why? I'm a loyal customer

But if that 36€ is for guitar strings and for re-string only, it's outrageous.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by SteveHOC
I'm not really sure what you're looking for here. I suggested contacting Fender to see if they could utilize one of their techs to fix it for you, someone else suggested looking under the hood, someone else gave you physical possibilities of what could be wrong - all of which are viable. Maybe I'm misreading your posts, but it doesn't sound like you really want our help here.

The closest Fender dealer is like.. 100 km from here.. I still have the paper where I have to fill in my information.. But that's the last option since it'll probably involve lot's of buIIsh-t.

Local music stores charge lot's of money for these things.

I want to see if I can fix it on my own, save some time, because searching for some Fender techs is quite hard in a country like Belgium.

I'll upload a video tomorrow with what's really happening, I'll also take pics of the wiring.
Quote by Sakke
And your friend is not a bassist who got some 30€ strings? That's madness.
I mean, the regular customers at the local store pay something like 20€ which includes "regular/normal" strings, also fretboard oiling and such included.
I never pay that though, only pay for the strings. Why? I'm a loyal customer

But if that 36€ is for guitar strings and for re-string only, it's outrageous.

He's a beginner guitarist.. He wantred to change his strings on this Yamaha strat-knock off.. He thought he had to unscrew the bridge and the saddles to restring it.
It was just a through-body string thing..