Hello, long time lurker first time poster. So my band is going to be in the studio pretty soon and I just have a couple questions. We're a progressive deathmetal band along the lines of Opeth but with some other influences like JFAC and TBDM. Our songs are all written in D standard but recently we've made the decision to have some played in standard tuning while other to be tuned in C standard when we record. Now my question is regarding the songs being played in C standard. My fellow guitarist has a Jackson rr5 which we agreed to use for the songs in standard tuning, which would leave my guitar to be used in C standard. I have a Jackson rr3 and was wondering if it could really handle the low tuning well, as it has a license floyd and bolt on neck. Note that my model has the Duncan Jb/Jazz pickups and not the duncan designed. On the other hand, my brother has a LTD MH-400 NT which has the Emg 81/60 combo if im not mistaken, which I could also use, and generally EMG's handle lower tunings better than passives(of course personal preference is to be considered, but again, generally speaking). So should I choose to set the LTD to C standard or will I be okay with my rr3. We will be playing through a Mark V

**TLDR: Ltd MH-400 nt or Jackson rr3 for use in C standard playing through a Mesa Mark V.
Thanks
Quote by W4RP1G
You have ears, right? Play whichever one sounds best.

Won't you feel bad if he was in some freak accident that left him without ears.
Either one will work if set up properly for the tuning. Whichever you prefer the sound of is the one you go for as long as you're able to get it set up properly.
Oh the ultimate-guitar community. I guess asking for opinions is blasphemy now. Yes i could obviously set up both but I'd like some other peoples opinions as maybe someone has a good reason they would pick one over the other. But thank you so much for your amazing help
Play your own axe it will be more comfortable
as its the one you use all the time and will bring
out your best playing.
Quote by Chris__
Oh the ultimate-guitar community. I guess asking for opinions is blasphemy now. Yes i could obviously set up both but I'd like some other peoples opinions as maybe someone has a good reason they would pick one over the other. But thank you so much for your amazing help

We don't know what your guitars sound like. How the hell would we know which sounds better?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I'd detune the LTD out of laziness bc you wouldn't have to mess with the tuning the trem... the pickups and sounds depends on the songs and passages and playing styles.