Hey guys,

I just picked up a used marshall avt150h from guitar center last night and skipped out on getting a cab because I couldn't find anything in decent condition or in my price range. Also because I know absolute shit about cabs...

But either way, anyone have any recommendations for some potential cabs? I play mostly metal, but this head has a really nice acoustic and clean channel I can see myself using quite a bit.

I don't need a 4x12, but I'm open to anything, looking to spend around $300, can be used.

Thanks!
I would check out Avatar Cabs or Carvin. Marshall makes some great cabs, but it might be a little bit out of your price range.

If you can save up to around $400, you could get one of these 2x12s with Celestion Vintage 30's... You can't beat that... http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/212V
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I'd suggest looking on Craigslist if you're ok with getting something used. Just make sure the cab you're looking at has the proper impedance for your head. Also, make sure that it can handle the output wattage.
As far as what brand... can't go wrong with a Marshall 1960, but they're a bit out of your range. Not a fan of their MG series, but they're still Marshall so they can't be that bad. Peavey isn't bad either
Personally, I got my cab (a used 70's Kustom beat to hell) off CL for $50 and replaced the speakers for another $150
I'd rather have a dirty shirt and a guitar than a clean shirt and no music.

Turn my amp up to 11 six nickel-wound strings have saved me again.

music + food + beer= the good life
Being Marshall does not equate to "can't be that bad." MG cabs, like MG amps, are dreadful. AVT's aren't much better either (sorry TS). I've had a VS100 in my band room running through a sensational Soldano 2x12 and it still sounded bad. Through an MG cab I probably would have thrown it all on the fire.

The Avatar suggestion is a good one. You may find a Marshall 1936 on CL or ebay for a decent price too. They're not bad.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Dunno how much they go for in your area but a used Mesa 2x12 would do nicely. If not you could keep an eye out for a Marshall 1936, maybe an Orange cab if you can find one cheap enough.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V