So I got a nice bonus from work about a month ago and decided to buy a VOX Valvetronix VT80. Love the amp, but I only really use the reverb. Any other combination of built in effects I should try?
I messed around with the phaser effect once and produced an interesting bell tone.
what is this nonsense you speak of?

what exactly is a "vox amp"?

Quote by MinterMan22
what is this nonsense you speak of?

what exactly is a "vox amp"?

what exactly is a "google search"?
what you need is a new amp

I think I have the same one, but the only effects I like are reverb, delay, and comp.
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
Quote by Cats4Less
what exactly is a "google search"?

i was hoping you would tell me that too tbh

are vox amps healthy? i heard that energy drinks are bad for your heart if you drink too many

I think I had the same or a very similar valvetronix amp. It's a great practice amp. Unfortunately I left it at the music school I was studying at under the presumption that I would be staying there longer... and that they wouldnt think I "donated" it LOL. I play through a half stack now and have pedals for my effects, that little vox just could not get over drums at all without becoming mud. I wish I still had it though, because the half stack is way too loud for nighttime bedroom jamming (I leave it at my drummers place because of that + it's way too much of a hassle to keep bringing it back and forth), and now I'm borrowing my drummer's kind of ****ed up line 6 spider (in which all the effects don't work but that's ok)
Why don't you head to guitar gear and accessories where you'll actually get help.
Though I'm a vox man myself. An AC30 to be exact.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
Why don't you head to guitar gear and accessories where you'll actually get help.
Though I'm a vox man myself. An AC30 to be exact.

Show off.
Silverburst
Why did you buy a SS valvetronix when you could've saved just a little bit more and gotten an AC15?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
i have the VT50 and use a s*itload of pedals through it, sounds good, i use the onboard reverb, nothing else, use pedals for other stuff.

i have it on the boutique clean setting, 1/3 gain and max both volume's other than the one at the back which stays at about 1/4 or 9 o'clock if you want it that way...

some may say this isn't the best use of the equipment i have, i say it's the sound i'm after so jog on.

each to their own
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I had/have a Valvetronix (it's broken at the moment, plus i've upgraded since then), they are good little amps. I liked the rotary speaker setting.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.