What do people think of the idea of taking a left handed les paul and restringing it right handed so its upside down like Jimi hendrix? I thought of it because they are selling a SEXY left handed les paul at the local music store and im right handed.
I think it's a stupid idea.

You do realise Hendrix didn't play a flipped guitar to look cool, he did it out of necessity - it was practically impossible to get a left handed guitar back then.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It doesn't matter why he did, it its still something hes known for and lots of people do think it looks cool.
It's so much easier to get right-handed guitars that stringing a left handed guitar right-handed is just stupid. They're going to have a ton of intonation problems as well because TOM are slanted to help get the guitar's intonation correct.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
As i've just said, getting the intonation correct when the bridge is slanted the wrong way around.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by FLuX25
what problems could u have on a fixed bridge ?

Great point...just find a right handed Les Paul bro or learn to play left handed. Some say switching to playing left handed has bettered some players because your right hand is more dominant. But your left hand may lack picking rhythm.

Unless your like me...a right handed person whose left hand is stronger.
I dont see that being hard at all. worst comes to worst i can get a new bridge
You'll have to relocate the bridge pins on the guitar. It's just not worth the effort.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Sorry if this is a totally stupid question but what are bridge pins? I've dont all my setup and stuff my self and nobody every really taught me so i dont know a lot of the lingo :P
as T00DEEPBLUE is saying, it's going to be far more of a headache than you anticipate.

i wouldn't bother
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by FLuX25
Sorry if this is a totally stupid question but what are bridge pins? I've dont all my setup and stuff my self and nobody every really taught me so i dont know a lot of the lingo :P

The bolts that hold the bridge in place
Quote by FLuX25

The pins that mount the bridge to the guitar. You would have to drill new holes in the guitar's top and fill the old holes to relocate them. It's just not worth the effort.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Just get a lefty LP if you want to play like that. It's really not worth the hassle and intonation problems. You will have to drill holes for the new bridge, fill the old ones in, etc. Not worth it.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Because they aren't at a perfect right angle to the neck.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Oh, I see. I don't think I will do it mainly because i don't want to spend the money and risk ruining it with drilling and stuff. I'm not confident that I would do a good job of it.
thanks for the help
Don't forget that on top of all the other problems mentioned here, you'll also have terrible upper fret access like that. So yeah, not a good idea!
Quote by desperatechris
Dont do it dude, it will be total butthurt everytime you play it.

Get a correct handed LP.

+1
You will have horrible fret access, basically the access of a drednought guitar which is crap

Get a used right LP studio and it will be much more affordable
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by FLuX25
Oh, I see. I don't think I will do it mainly because i don't want to spend the money and risk ruining it with drilling and stuff. I'm not confident that I would do a good job of it.
thanks for the help
and dont worry i the fret access was the first thing i thought of