Does anyone know what's the deal with the Randall Thrasher series amps? I found them on one site but is this for real? Or is this a scamming site? I've been on the site a few times and I havent gotten "infected" with anything.
http://www.gearhounds.com/randall-thrasher-120w-tube-head.aspx?gclid=CIuS5p-70bYCFY87MgodhREAjA

After I add one to "my cart" it gives you a $1,000 discount, that makes it still outrageous.
Last edited by hatchet_job at Apr 17, 2013,
Something is definetly off because that amp is about 1200$ region amp. Not even upcoming Ola Englunds Randall Satan is that expensive and Thrasher is related to that IIRC.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Could be that someone working on the site put in the wrong price, and maybe they meant $999.99, not $9999.99

Happens every now and then where I work, though, we don't mess up that bad.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
If check out the site further even the Thrasher cabs are priced 9999. Actually the amp is not even out yet for public, only review samples have been sent to various people. Why that site has them listen for outrageous prices, I have no idea.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I thought Randall had just changed its business platform and they removed a lot of amps. Their new site does not mention the satan at all, so I wonder if it is really gona happen. And the new Randalls are kinda ugly when compared to the older offerings
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Where I work if we have something on the system that's not supposed to be sold yet we list the price as £9999.99. I think it's probably just to do with it not actually being released yet.
Trying to find out anything about Randall amps is a nightmare. They have two websites, each with different stuff. Most of their "old" stuff, which hasnt been out that long, is discontinued. Cant find half of their stuff for sale. What the hell is going on with Randall? Even on their Facebook page they give no real information, such as WHERE TO BUY? Prices, availability, release dates? Nothing. C'mon Randall.
I think Randall may be in trouble financially like Krank is.They maybe on their way out of business and this is their last hoo-rah
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Who cares. That amp lacks dynamics and definition. It will sound great until you play with others and them you be buried in the mix.

I heard it at NAMM and was really disappointed. I had my hopes up.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
Who cares. That amp lacks dynamics and definition. It will sound great until you play with others and them you be buried in the mix.

I heard it at NAMM and was really disappointed. I had my hopes up.

Really? I thought it could be definition monster due to separate gain knobs for both treble and bass frequencies which is rather unique feature.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
Really? I thought it could be definition monster due to separate gain knobs for both treble and bass frequencies which is rather unique feature.

I'd still like to at one in person but it couldn't even cut through the ambient noise like other amps could.

ASG Hybris(best amp of the show according to Chappers) and the Schecter crap cut much better.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Apr 17, 2013,
Here you go....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzUzfL2w02Q

Also- most places put an insane price on gear that is not for sale currently so no one sells it before they are allowed. I am sure the price will go down when it hits the launch date.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Last edited by R45VT at Apr 17, 2013,
Quote by ABWFProductions
Where I work if we have something on the system that's not supposed to be sold yet we list the price as £9999.99. I think it's probably just to do with it not actually being released yet.

I'll agree with that. I used to work for DSG and when a product got recalled or wasn't supposed to be sold for whatever reason the price would be listed as £10000.

Off topic... They used to have great prices on clearance lines back in the day, I once got a 42" plasma for £49.97 if you can believe that! And that's no typo!