So I have decided to start learning the guitar and the one I have gone for is the SQUIER Strat Special Guitar - Sunburst with a FENDER Frontman 10G amp. I was wondering if I needed anything else to get stuck in playing the thing when it gets posted, like any specific leads etc.
Usually starter packs have everything you need to get started. Outside of the being able to actually use the guitar (and be able to set it up) with an amp, the rest of it is personal preference.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Those packs usually come with everything you need, the quality of the lead will probably suck so be prepared to replace it fairly soon with something decent, you might want to buy some plectrums too, get a variety so you can learn what you like.

Otherwise you're good to go.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by Bigbazz
Those packs usually come with everything you need, the quality of the lead will probably suck so be prepared to replace it fairly soon with something decent, you might want to buy some plectrums too, get a variety so you can learn what you like.

Otherwise you're good to go.

It is all separate anyway I saw the guitar I wanted and I bought a cheap amp and RHM lead from the same site. I will pick up some plectrums now, thanks.
Welcome to UG!! Regards starting guitar, I recommend getting a teacher. Youtube video's are all well and good, but they can't watch your technique whilst you're practicing. Starting guitar can be a daunting task (unless you're a punk player ) and a teacher can help you out. Hell, I've been playing for years and I still learn something new every lesson. Of course, this depends how dedicated you are. If you want to be the next Satriani or Yngwie Malmsteen you definitely need lessons. However, if you just want to bang some chords out round the campfire lessons aren't completely necessary. Hope this helps.
]
Quote by falcon1439
Welcome to UG!! Regards starting guitar, I recommend getting a teacher. Youtube video's are all well and good, but they can't watch your technique whilst you're practicing. Starting guitar can be a daunting task (unless you're a punk player ) and a teacher can help you out. Hell, I've been playing for years and I still learn something new every lesson. Of course, this depends how dedicated you are. If you want to be the next Satriani or Yngwie Malmsteen you definitely need lessons. However, if you just want to bang some chords out round the campfire lessons aren't completely necessary. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I was inspired by a self learner by the name of Funtwo so I was hoping to do the same. But I think he was naturally gifted as a guitarist so I will probably need lessons xD
Quote by Enies
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I was inspired by a self learner by the name of Funtwo so I was hoping to do the same. But I think he was naturally gifted as a guitarist so I will probably need lessons xD

Glad to help. Just don't expect the same friendliness in the pit
]
Speaking as someone that never had lessons I couldn't agree more with what has been said about them, I feel I could be a far better musician if I had taken the time to do it properly in the beginning. I'm pretty competent, don't get me wrong, I should be after 18 years of playing the thing but I think I would be far better if I hadn't learnt alone.