How do I make it so my pickups have a constant output during bends without piling loads of gain on? I'm currently using a fender strat.
]
Also practice, practice, practice. Each guitar's fretwork is different and that can also impede into bends by causing the note to suddenly die off, or in some cases you can bend the string past where it would register a note leading again into dead space.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
isn't a problem for any great strat benders I know of, not the pups, could need a relief setup
If you've got no sustain or the pickups are too close to the strings, or maybe poor fretwork, the note could be dying out while bending. Make sure you have a proper setup.

Otherwise it's a technique problem.
With Fender-style single coils it can't be rectified very easily. Even with the best technique in the world, the fact is that those pickusp do not have an even magnetic field across all the strings. Each string has its own little magnet and when you move it outside of that it is vibrating in the weaker part of the field and you'll get less output. That's just a fact of the pickup design, technique and set up be damned.

The only way to truly elminate the output drop is to get pickups that use either a bar magnet with blade poles or a pickup that puts a bar magnet directly under the strings. Any separate magnetic pole piece design will have the same problem as the standard Strat pickups.

If you want to solve the output problem without changing the tone of your guitar much, Seymour Duncan Vintage Rails and Hot Stack—the 'blade' design—are the closest you will get to normal Strat tone with completely even output when bending. They are also hum-cancelling. All this comes at the cost of some clarity and some treble.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
With Fender-style single coils it can't be rectified very easily. Even with the best technique in the world, the fact is that those pickusp do not have an even magnetic field across all the strings. Each string has its own little magnet and when you move it outside of that it is vibrating in the weaker part of the field and you'll get less output. That's just a fact of the pickup design, technique and set up be damned.

The only way to truly elminate the output drop is to get pickups that use either a bar magnet with blade poles or a pickup that puts a bar magnet directly under the strings. Any separate magnetic pole piece design will have the same problem as the standard Strat pickups.

If you want to solve the output problem without changing the tone of your guitar much, Seymour Duncan Vintage Rails and Hot Stack—the 'blade' design—are the closest you will get to normal Strat tone with completely even output when bending. They are also hum-cancelling. All this comes at the cost of some clarity and some treble.

Any DiMarzio ones with a bar magnet? With regards to technique I can hear players like Joe bonamassa be affected by it so it probably isn't technique or set up as Joe has his guitars (probably) set up well and his technique is amazing.
]
The only DiMarzio Strat pickups that use bar magnets are full humbucker types. There's a couple that are voiced brighter but nothing even remotely approaching your normal Strat tone.

Don't worry about brand, unless you happen to work for DiMarzio
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.