http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22167725

Agriculture minister David Heath said the two-year "grace period" would allow circus owners to arrange suitable care.

There are currently 20 licensed wild animals working in circuses.

These include camels, zebras and snakes, but not elephants, monkeys, gorillas, chimpanzees or big cats

It's about time! Get your shit together, America.

Also, what's an MP?
Last edited by Weaponized at Apr 17, 2013,
Member of Parliament.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Last edited by metal4eva_22 at Apr 17, 2013,
I wish our conservatives cared about animal welfare.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Sad that they didn't include those other animals as well. They're usually horribly mistreated. Maybe instead of outright banning it they should just regulate it better. Like have check ups that the animal isn't being mistreated etc
which will be taken up in the EU. some bullshit about European circuses wanting to be able to tour the entire EU and whatnot.

hoping for it to be for the entire EU.

circus is shit and crap.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Sad that they didn't include those other animals as well. They're usually horribly mistreated. Maybe instead of outright banning it they should just regulate it better. Like have check ups that the animal isn't being mistreated etc

that's a good idea
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I think they passed some stuff that sounds like what you said. So they're looking like improving the conditions of animals they think can live comfortably in a moving circus, and banning animals they don't think can.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

dont be silly, that would cost money
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I'm sad to see that this doesn't include elephants, monkeys, gorillas, chimpanzees or big cats.
I think there's only one circus that comes near here that has animals fortunately (something like the British Circus?). I don't think that these animals can actually have a good life when they're constantly travelling.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Sad that they didn't include those other animals as well.

The article is a bit badly worded, but I think it means those other animals aren't licensed for circuses at all. What it means is there are currently 20 licensed circus animals, and elephants etc aren't in that list.

What slightly worries me, however is:
"Agriculture minister David Heath said the two-year "grace period" would allow circus owners to arrange suitable care."

Yeah it will allow them to, but it's unlikely they'll bother.
Quote by severed-metal
Elephants were born to be in the circus, or ride into war. Take your pick.

Ride them to war, the North Koreans would shit themselves.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by institutions
I haven't even heard of a circus happening in like 10 years.

Get with it, UK.

Neither have I. Especially a circus with animals.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by homeless-john
Rode into circus wars.

Second.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Ummm...this is stupid...

Why would anyone go to a circus if they can no longer see lion tamers or see sea lions balance balls? And so on and so forth?

A circus without wild animals sounds BORING!
How are animals incorporated into the circus?

Are they taken from the wild, or are they wild animals born in captivity?
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!