(Invalid img) (Invalid img)(Invalid img)

I have no idea who manufactured these speakers. The little information I could dig up on the web said that Eminence and Celestion made OEM Jaguar speakers for Randall. I contacted Eminence and they say these are definitely not their speakers. Haven't bothered with Celestion yet but I figured I'd throw out a feeler here on the forums. I don't know if these are 8ohm or 16ohm. My v30 cabs sound significantly louder than my Randall cab at the same pot volume so I'm speculating these could be like 25 watts a piece. Anyone out there familiar with these at all? Can anyone tell me the ohms on these? Who could have made these? I'll leave you with some pics of the cab itself. I appreciate any help on this. Thanks folks!

-TDL

(Invalid img) (Invalid img) (Invalid img)(Invalid img)(Invalid img)
Jaguars were made by Celestion for Randall.
Thanks Google. lol
RavenWest 1000Q/Schecter neck
ibanez RG3EXFM1 /Dimarzio Evolution
Martin Stinger ST-4 /Kona Strat neck
Martin Stinger ST-2
Squire DG-9 acoustic
Jay Turser JT Slimmer
Bugera 333
2x12 homemade cab
Marshall AVT150H head
B-52 4x12 cab
Quote by kenshi1967
Jaguars were made by Celestion for Randall.
Thanks Google. lol

Thanks for the smarta$$ douchebaggery. I've read countless areas where people have speculated that it was Eminence or Celestion that manufactured these. I can google too pal. I've yet to read a "confirmed report" of anything in regards to these Jaguars. Its in the grey. Who manufactured these doesn't necessarily tell me whether these are 8/16 ohm or what the wattage is of these speakers either. How bout you leave your snide a$$holish comments elsewhere. Peace phucker.

TDL
Why don't you e-mail Randall? That'd be a hell of a lot more help than relying on someone else to do the research for you. And you can measure the impedance yourself. Volume also has nothing to do with power handling.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Why don't you e-mail Randall? That'd be a hell of a lot more help than relying on someone else to do the research for you. And you can measure the impedance yourself. Volume also has nothing to do with power handling.

Yeah I emailed Randall as well as Celestion. Still waiting back on responses. Was just throwing out feelers as well incase someone had some real experience. Good point on impedance. Don't have the proper tool to do so. Didn't want to shell out at Home Depot to check but that may be my only option if I don't get any accurate info. Interesting on the power handling. I wonder why the volume level would be significantly lower than my other two cabs that are both close to 300w then. Hmmm. Thanks for the post friend.

TDL
Quote by TheDevilLokius
Interesting on the power handling. I wonder why the volume level would be significantly lower than my other two cabs that are both close to 300w then. Hmmm.

because they must be lower efficiency/sensitivity
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TheDevilLokius
Thanks for the smarta$$ douchebaggery. I've read countless areas where people have speculated that it was Eminence or Celestion that manufactured these. I can google too pal. I've yet to read a "confirmed report" of anything in regards to these Jaguars. Its in the grey. Who manufactured these doesn't necessarily tell me whether these are 8/16 ohm or what the wattage is of these speakers either. How bout you leave your snide a$$holish comments elsewhere. Peace phucker.

TDL

Jesus Christ, you're mad.

If you've e-mailed both Randall and Celestion regarding the speakers, then creating a thread about it seems pointless.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by TheDevilLokius

TDL

Your being the douche.

he gave you an answer and you get all high and mighty on him?WTF

You can test the speakers with a multi-meter and find out what the resistance is.

If you can't work a MM then use google and learn......
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Jaguar's have a very low sensitivity and aren't that loud of a speaker. They also have an amazing ability to make any amp sound solid-state. I just rewired a cab less than a week ago full of Jag's, there should be a sticker on the very back of the speaker that states the ohmage in the corner. The ones I messed with were 8 ohms.

EDIT: Just saw the pictures. No idea what the impedance is, measure it yourself though. It's very easy.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Apr 17, 2013,
Quote by TheDevilLokius
My v30 cabs sound significantly louder than my Randall cab at the same pot volume so I'm speculating these could be like 25 watts a piece.

wattage has nothing really to do with 'loudness'. sensitivity rates how loud a speaker is. based on this advertisement

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-RAN-RX412-LIST

the speakers should be rated at 50 watts a piece.

200 watt total / 4 speakers = 50 watts per speaker

Quote by TheDevilLokius
Can anyone tell me the ohms on these? Who could have made these?

according to that same advertisement above the nominal impedance of the 4x12 loaded with jaguars is 8 ohms. most likely the cab is wired in series-parallel implying the speakers are 8 ohm.

they could have 8 ohm and 16 ohm versions, so as mentioned earlier you should probably use a multi-meter to confirm impedance. (note: a multi-meter won't give exact impedance cuz of the DC test signal, but an 8 ohm speaker should read about 6 ohm and a 16 ohms speaker should read like 12 or 14)

Quote by TheDevilLokius
I appreciate any help on this. Thanks folks!

-TDL

this looks like a speaker code. 7 digits, and it complies with the format. according to this Manufacturer's Date Code it should be:

117 - made by Credence
32 - made in the 32nd week of
91 - 1991

http://www.webervst.com/codes.html

so, as best as i can tell you have a speaker made by Credence from 1991 rate for 50 watts at 8 ohms.

thx for the the images and such, it helped answer the question.

Quote by TheDevilLokius
I wonder why the volume level would be significantly lower than my other two cabs that are both close to 300w then. Hmmm. Thanks for the post friend.

TDL

the mass and stiffness of the parts of the speaker as well as the size of the voice coil and magnet determine the volume output.

Quote by Guitarbaddie
Jesus Christ, you're mad.

If you've e-mailed both Randall and Celestion regarding the speakers, then creating a thread about it seems pointless.

i don't think it was completely useless. the only dumb question is the one not asked?
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Apr 17, 2013,
Quote by gumbilicious
wattage has nothing really to do with 'loudness'. sensitivity rates how loud a speaker is. based on this advertisement

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-RAN-RX412-LIST

the speakers should be rated at 50 watts a piece.

200 watt total / 4 speakers = 50 watts per speaker

according to that same advertisement above the nominal impedance of the 4x12 loaded with jaguars is 8 ohms. most likely the cab is wired in series-parallel implying the speakers are 8 ohm.

they could have 8 ohm and 16 ohm versions, so as mentioned earlier you should probably use a multi-meter to confirm impedance. (note: a multi-meter won't give exact impedance cuz of the DC test signal, but an 8 ohm speaker should read about 6 ohm and a 16 ohms speaker should read like 12 or 14)

this looks like a speaker code. 7 digits, and it complies with the format. according to this Manufacturer's Date Code it should be:

117 - made by Credence
32 - made in the 32nd week of
91 - 1991

http://www.webervst.com/codes.html

so, as best as i can tell you have a speaker made by Credence from 1991 rate for 50 watts at 8 ohms.

thx for the the images and such, it helped answer the question.

the mass and stiffness of the parts of the speaker as well as the size of the voice coil and magnet determine the volume output.

i don't think it was completely useless. the only dumb question is the one not asked?

So amazing! Super cool find. I'm not sure if I could have dug up that webervst codes thing if my life depended on it. I really appreciate your kindness and time to assist a stranger rather than talking trash and leaving snide comments. I thoroughly researched this as far as I knew how and thanks to you I know who made these. I'm willing to bet Randall won't even know. We'll see when they email back if they do. Now its safe to say that Celestion nor Eminence made all (or any for that matter) Jaguar speakers when the proof is evident. Can't assume every forum response going "hmmm I think it was Celestion" or "IIRC it was Eminence" is truth. Like dude, where is your proof to the claim? Thanks gumbilicious. Phuck all the naysayers. I was just trying to get help, not trying to find phucktards going GOOGLE GOOGLE. No $hit... Peace and best wishes on your journey!

-TDL
Last edited by TheDevilLokius at Apr 17, 2013,
Quote by TheDevilLokius
So amazing! Super cool find. I'm not sure if I could have dug up that webervst codes thing if my life depended on it. I really appreciate your kindness and time to assist a stranger rather than talking trash and leaving snide comments. I thoroughly researched this as far as I knew how and thanks to you I know who made these. I'm willing to bet Randall won't even know. We'll see when they email back if they do. Now its safe to say that Celestion nor Eminence made all (or any for that matter) Jaguar speakers when the proof is evident.

thx, i have some older speakers i have had to do research on before. i have emailed eminence before and the replies on OEM speakers can have very sparse info ("they are a 100 watt ceramic speaker called the C12"... thx), so the manufacturers may not be too helpful.

most of my observations aren't too rigorous though, the advertisement could be inaccurate or the speaker code could be another kind of code (speakers have all sorts of codes stamped on them, but yours does follow the format of the MDC).

Quote by OfCourseNot
Can't assume every forum response going "hmmm I think it was Celestion" or "IIRC it was Eminence" is truth. Like dude, where is your proof to the claim? Thanks gumbilicious. Phuck all the naysayers. I was just trying to get help, not trying to find phucktards going GOOGLE GOOGLE. No $hit... Peace and best wishes on your journey!

-TDL

that is not really necessary, the regulars on this forum are usually quite helpful and nice. try not to respond to the drifters.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
that is not really necessary, the regulars on this forum are usually quite helpful and nice. try not to respond to the drifters.

This.

Nobody is going to want to help you if tell everyone to go phuck themselves.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
A multimeter will read lower than the impedance. It's usually pretty close but it is always under. Mathematically, it has to; the impedance is the hypotenuse of a right angle triangle with resistance (what your meter reads) on one of the other sides. Armed with that knowledge you should be able to work it out.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 17, 2013,
Make sure you disconnect the speaker you are checking. If not you will be reading more than 1 speaker... it will really mess you up.

Normally I find 14ohms for a 16ohm speaker and 6-7 for an 8ohm.

And you are a dick. Don't feed the trolls.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
what are you planning to do with them?

i have one in an older randall combo (Century 100) and had a quad in a cab that i was using with an RG100ES, and they really aren't all that great . i didn't have the cab long, and i did play other amps on it, but i certainly would never gig with them. i traded some idiot that cab for a cab with a quad of english T75's.

the Century is staying as is because i don't really have a need for it, and you really don't see a ton floating around. and was combo version of a Century 200 that dime used.

i have a randall cab probably '05, that came with eminence legends IIRC. that was the 2x12"+1x15" combo. i swapped out the 12"s for some T75's and it sounded much better. the 15" legend sounds massive.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Apr 18, 2013,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
what are you planning to do with them?

i have one in an older randall combo (Century 100) and had a quad in a cab that i was using with an RG100ES, and they really aren't all that great . i didn't have the cab long, and i did play other amps on it, but i certainly would never gig with them. i traded some idiot that cab for a cab with a quad of english T75's.

the Century is staying as is because i don't really have a need for it, and you really don't see a ton floating around. and was combo version of a Century 200 dead that dime used.

i have a randall cab probably '05, that came with eminence legends IIRC. that was the 2x12"+1x15" combo. i swapped out the 12"s for some T75's and it sounded much better. the 15" legend sounds massive.

Freudian slip?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Freudian slip?

i don't think i could have done that had i tried

i closed on a new house today, perhaps i have drunken too much champagne? then bourben which is at hand right now.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i don't think i could have done that had i tried

i closed on a new house today, perhaps i have drunken too much champagne? then bourben which is at hand right now.

Mmm bourbon... what type you drinking?

I switched to woodford reserve. Fantastic. No more makers mark for me after they thought about watering their ish down.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
Mmm bourbon... what type you drinking?

I switched to woodford reserve. Fantastic. No more makers mark for me after they thought about watering their ish down.

woodford. you are a man of great taste.

i usually also have jim beam and makers mark sitting around, but i finished off the makers mark, so yea.

beer in the fridge is a combination of Guinness, amber boch and newcastle.

i have and drink lot of liquor.

also i have a bottle of Johnny Blue Label, and some of the new(er) Double Black, its good but it is extremely smoky tasting. good scotch though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Apr 18, 2013,
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Where's the vodka love?

right now i have absolut cintron, mango and raspberry, as well as the straight up kind.

i am going on another cruise in a few weeks. thats when you buy the booze. i am going with my parents, grandparents, and my wife, legally you get two liters untaxed, and i will be putting some in everybody else's bag after i am full.

i don't know if any of you have heard of the sweetbay grocery stores, they closed and liquidated a bunch of inventory (50% off) my neighbor dropped $3,000 (normally was priced for $6,000) nearly buying the store out. i didn't get that notice though but i manage.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Where's the vodka love?

what are you drinkin'?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
SORRY OP, i will redirect to topic.

i read on your profile you already have some nice cabs/speakers, what are you planning for the Jaguar speakers? they really aren't that great, i wouldn't use them unless you had to for something.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
what are you drinkin'?

Sobieski, straight.

Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by trashedlostfdup
SORRY OP, i will redirect to topic.

i read on your profile you already have some nice cabs/speakers, what are you planning for the Jaguar speakers? they really aren't that great, i wouldn't use them unless you had to for something.

Yeah I do feel like I have a great repertoire of speaker options I was just curious what these things were. They really do break up nice. Very even and smooth sounding distortion. Certainly think it could have a place in my studio even if they aren't Celestions or any of the other boutique speakers. I'm learning to appreciate things for what they are I suppose versus the name of the product. Many of my product choices tend to be about my perception of quality; US made guitars (Fender and Gibson), UK made speakers and amps/cabs (Marshall/VOX and all my Celestions), US made amps/cabs (Mesa Boogie, Peavy). I know China or other off shore countries may/do have their place in some of these products (if not every single one in regards to some minute component or whatnot) but I still make an effort to purchase quality based on what I have learned. I have a slew of classic mics in the studio as well. I've learned that you tend to get what you pay for so I make an effort to get what I like despite the cost. Its all about the effectiveness of the tool and what it provides me on the path to my goal. I geek out on gear so I really wanted to know what these speakers were and where they came from. I didn't want to ship off a decent quad of speakers for say $100 and regret it later because I may not find a set like these ever again. They are well broken in and as I stated early have a very smooth, even breakup and a huge bottom end IIRC (haven't played it in months). I was considering customizing the cab (retolexing, redoing the grill, upgrading handles and input jack) if I was going to keep it and knowing the origin of my speakers, for whatever strange reason, felt like it was going to play a role in that decision. I'm actually grateful for this moment. I don't think any of us knows the true origin of our human experience (speaking on the scale of all humanity) but that doesn't make any of us any less worthy or valuable not knowing where we came from. Value seems to be derived from our particular purpose and how well we perform at it. Lets go kick some a$$ my friends! Lets be the very best at what we choose to do for values sake! Worth is derived from value, not origin nor manufacturer. Thus, we get a choice in how valuable we want to be! How awesome. Illumination found on the boards of UG. Divine.

-TDL