Why do people listen to music that they can barely hear the singer, singing actual words..???
Im not being judgest or anything, but i just cant figure out why peole would listen to stuff that sounds like a screaching Cat... the music alone is good, but the vocals is just plain ehhh....
To The World I Am A Stranger, To A Stranger I Am A Possible Serial Killer

Quote by Wolfinator-x
You guys are so funny xD xoxo <3

Quote by Doveri
Well a human can't sing an Em since that's a chord

If you mean Eb3/E3, then that is a contralto voice.
If U dont Hav nottin Nice 2 say, say somfin else!!

OT: It's about the raw aggression/emotion man.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
I could point out everything wrong with what you just said but this by itself is enough points against you to discount everything you said.

Quote by Eissac123
Im not being judgest or anything, but i just cant figure out why peole would listen to stuff that sounds like a screaching Cat... the music alone is good, but the vocals is just plain ehhh....

Quote by Eissac123
Im not being judgest or anything, but i just cant figure out why peole would listen to stuff that sounds like a screaching Cat...

Quote by Eissac123
Im not being judgest or anything

Quote by Eissac123
judgest
Quote by Eissac123
Why do people listen to music that they can barely hear the singer, singing actual words..???

What's with you and singo?
TS is Judge Judy.

People listen to different kind of music for different kind of reasons. Music that makes use of distorted vocals, like screaming, is usually due to those kinds of vocals adding to the vibe and atmosphere of the music well.

There's your answer.
Firstly a song can be melodic sounding without having a singer/melody. The screaming doesn't necessarily detract from this, although that's not always true. For me screaming is rhythmic, it's not about hearing 'singing' because you're not. That's the simple answer, it's not singing. That's why a lot of bands move between harsh and clean vocals throughout a song. It creates a different atmosphere. Initially I didn't like screaming but I eventually stopped trying to treat it as the melody or singing and started listening to it as a whole.
I think screamo vocals and intense death metal demon growl singing are the equivalent to an eye sore to the eyes against a nice music backdrop, but that is how it is for me, im not saying that its crappy or bad or anything, just that it ruins a lot of potential music for me. Its plain unpleasant IMO. With that said I don't have to listen to it, and don't mind it existing. People get pumped up by those vocals and it gives them a positive reaction, for you and me it makes us want to suck our thumbs and hold onto our mommies while crying. Maybe I'm a wuss?
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quote by guitarist5477
I think screamo vocals and intense death metal demon growl singing are the equivalent to an eye sore to the eyes against a nice music backdrop, but that is how it is for me, im not saying that its crappy or bad or anything, just that it ruins a lot of potential music for me. Its plain unpleasant IMO. With that said I don't have to listen to it, and don't mind it existing. People get pumped up by those vocals and it gives them a positive reaction, for you and me it makes us want to suck our thumbs and hold onto our mommies while crying. Maybe I'm a wuss?

You forgot a vocal style. Popeye style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV3Hc0W38vg

God, I love that album.
>nice music backdrop

there's your problem there
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
okay thanx for all your input

Quote by Wolfinator-x

Quote by Doveri

judgest
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by ProphetToJables
judgest

Well i didnt want to say sexist or rasist, and i cant spell biast.. what was i supposed to say? haha

Quote by Wolfinator-x

Quote by Doveri

You can't spell racist either .

*judgemental.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by ProphetToJables
You can't spell racist either .

*judgemental.

That was purely a typo not my fault

Quote by Wolfinator-x

Quote by Doveri

only people I know who love screamo seem to be in highschool, typically my friends younger brothers and sisters. not sure if its a coincedence or im just getting old
A few points:

1 - Screamo isn't a by word for "band with harsh vocals". Please do me a favour and stop spreading this common misunderstanding. Screamo is a subgenre of 90's hardcore. Which deals with extremely personal, emotional themes. Portrait of Past = Screamo. From First To Last, Asking Alexandria, Falling in Reverse = Not Screamo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqS5Fo9j7BA

2 - If you don't like it. You don't. It doesn't matter if other people like it, calm yourself.

3 - This thread is stupid.

If you want to talk about ACTUAL real Screamo then the Pop Punk and Emo subforum is it's home on this forum.

Oh, and it's "BIASED" by the way.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at May 11, 2013,
Okay, well thanx 4 your input! harsh as it was, i am either very brutally honest or i dont say anything at all... # ChemicalFire i just simply wanted to know what people's thoughts were about it... yes i agree with you this is a stupid thread, but i have my reasons 4 posting it... sorry if you are offended by it... and thanks for the spelling correction.

Quote by Wolfinator-x

Quote by Doveri

Quote by Morphogenesis26
You forgot a vocal style. Popeye style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV3Hc0W38vg

God, I love that album.

I actually lol'd really hard when the vocals came in... it was partly the anticipation of waiting for popeye, and actually hearing it.. god that was weird
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.