Aloha Amigos, as I've had some vehicle troubles as of late and my band is currently looking at different options I thought I'd ask and see how other bands go about organising moving their gear.

What do you guys recommend on when it comes to getting a van for a band, is it better/cheaper to hire one for as long as it's needed per tour or to buy a van amongst the band and just share the costs that way?

If you don't do either of these what do you do instead whether it's moving gear locally or for when you play away in other towns.

We have a fair amount of gear in my band too so multiple cars is a pain in the ass!
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
you'll save money on gas by cutting it to one vehicle. you'll also spend more on gas than on the van
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
We've gotten the majority of our gear around in my citroen berlingo but it's had it's day sadly. We've been talking about getting a van for a while but we're on a tight budget so we need something fairly cheap really. Had been looking at LDV Pilots, any suggestions on good vans at no more than £1500. Literally no chance of anything more expensive than that right now. Plus I'm the only one that's likely going to drive as I'm the closest to being 25 (will be in October)
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!