Hi, my brother recently got a new Seymour Duncan Invader 7 for his harley benton it's fine on his crate 65 watt amp and was fine on a roland cube, plugged it in to my bugera 6262 and it squeals like mad, roll back the volume pot a bit and it stops any suggestions ? thanks
Solid state amps generate less nosie than valve amps and the more you crank the gain up, the more noise and feedback you'll get. It's quite possible there is a wiring fault within the guitar which the solid state amps masked but the valve amp doesn't. Your options are A) open the guitar up, make sure everything is connected, grounded and shielded properly and B) turn your gain down and stand further from the amp.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by ZepJunkie
Thats what high output pickups do with some gain. If you wax pot it, it will reduce the feedback, a lot.

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2009/Apr/How_To_Pot_Your_Own_Pickups.aspx

you can't wax pot a pickup that's already potted o_O

TS, move the pickup further away from the strings and stand further away from the amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I kind of thought that was the problem but wasn't to sure, thanks for the help guys.