So I've decided to embark on guitar customization and the first thing I wanna do is paint my old classical guitar, so my question to the UG GB&C community is what kind of paint would I use?
Depends what you're after. Are you just going for a solid colour or burst, or are you doing som sort of masterpiece on it? If it's the second then use whatever you're comfortable with and then clearcoat. If it's the first then you can use the same as everyone uses for electrics, or maybe stain it. The main difference, I guess, is that you probably shouldn't lay it on too thickly as it may affect the resonance.
Quote by von Layzonfon
Depends what you're after. Are you just going for a solid colour or burst, or are you doing som sort of masterpiece on it? If it's the second then use whatever you're comfortable with and then clearcoat. If it's the first then you can use the same as everyone uses for electrics, or maybe stain it. The main difference, I guess, is that you probably shouldn't lay it on too thickly as it may affect the resonance.

Nope no masterpiece lol. It will be a solid colour (Red) and I want to paint the outline of it black.
Quote by SerpentineGtars
If you haven't done anything like this before then I'd recommend Acrylic or Nitro based cans - primer, top coat (colour) and clear (lacquer). Easy to use but a bit more sanding involved. Can achieve a factory finish if you take the time and care.

If you're spraying bare wood, you'll need to seal this first.

Which one is more cost efficent? I forgot to mention that this guitar won't get played so I don't mind if the tone changes.