I do home recording and use REAPER as my DAW. I mic my amp and bass, and any additional instrumentation is done via VSTi's. I record anything from classic rock, new wave, grunge, metal, etc. I even mess around a little with hip hop. I have just rebuilt my computer and have previously only used free VST's, but want to find a bundle of some really good tools. I would like a bundle that contains at least basic EQ, Compression, Delay, Reverb and anything else is a plus. Preferably VSTs that are sidechain friendly. I don't know where to start because I've only used free VSTs previously. Price doesn't matter, I'll save as long as needed, so what VST bundle would you suggest?
A bundle?

There aren't really any good bundles, but there is a large collections in the sticky.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
A bundle?

There aren't really any good bundles, but there is a large collections in the sticky.

The sticky seems to just have VST's for amp and cab simulation, which I don't need as I prefer to mic my amp. I'm talking about basic tools like EQ, Delay, Reverb, Compression, etc. -

One of the VST Bundles I was looking at was the Nomad Magma Virtual Rack, but I've read that it is unstable with REAPER, so just looking for some more suggestions.
Ahhh yes of course. Normally what I do is just google "best free *plugin type here* every time I need to find a new plugin.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Komplete 9.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
http://www.masseyplugins.com/
The thing is.. Once you have closed the session the settings reset. And you can't bypass or automate them.
They are very good though.
Just write down the settings if you like them enough.
There brilly, and free. If you buy them all that setting reset shit goes away, and yu can bypass them/
Komplete 9 is over 300 GB of space...that is a serious space investment...but it looks nice.
Well there's the Kjaerhus Classic plugins, which is a pack of free plugins for a bunch of stuff. I'd recommend going through and trying to find specific plugins rather than a pack though. IME if you get a pack you get a bunch of plugins which are fairly good at what they do, where as if you go and look for specific plugins from different places then you will get a bunch of individual plugins each of which is very good or amazing at what it does.

Give us a list of what you'd like and I can tell you my favourites for each if you'd like. For what you've already said I like:
EQ: ReaEQ or Equillibre
Delay: Kjaerhus Classic Delay
Compression: Audiocation AC1 Compressor
Reverb: Any convolution reverb + Impulses from http://rhythminmind.net/STN/
Waves Gold.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Waves Gold.

Best answer so far when it comes to paid plugins. The Renaissance plugins were some of my go to plugins until I added the CLA Compressor bundle & the SSL bundle.

Komplete 9

You guys didn't read the first post. If he wanted a bunch of synths, totally worth it but he's looking for effects primarily. I've never been a huge fan of the NI effects. I know it was developed with Softube but the Softube plugins sound miles better than the ones done with NI's help.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I'm a big fan of Waves plugins. To suggest which bundle, specifically, is a bit of a trick. There are so many different bundles. You'll always be balancing price with your needs, etc. For instance, I bought the SSL4000 bundle. There is not a single reverb in it. But I have a bunch of reverbs that are already excellent. If I didn't, I might have looked at something else, either instead of, or in addition.

Another advantage of having so many different bundles is that you can really mix and match them as you can afford them. I wouldn't have dreamed of laying down the better part of a grand on plugins at once, but as I have added to my collection, that's probably about what I have spent over the past couple years or so. I didn't really have to save up for very long before I could start using at least some of them.

The Waves Native Power Pack is a good place to start. It lists at $300, but if you wait for one of their big sales, you can get it a lot cheaper - maybe even as low as $150 or so.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Last edited by axemanchris at Apr 20, 2013,
The purple 1176 clone is better than the cla black/blue plates i recon.
This post has nothing to do with bundles
I can get behind the VoS stuff. Their tape saturation plug is really nice.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by T4D
for $99 seems a good deal but I haven't used,.Cause I don't need any more effects

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=376523

I've heard good things about the P&M VIP Bundle and I totally spaced on it. Not sure if the $99 offer still exists (Says it ended on the 15th). The Recording Revolution did a review on it recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZt-M5_T5yc

Also, it looks like if you Like them on Facebook, you can pick any one of their plugins for free. Def worth looking at: http://www.plugandmix.com/nfr/
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
I've heard good things about the P&M VIP Bundle and I totally spaced on it. Not sure if the $99 offer still exists (Says it ended on the 15th). The Recording Revolution did a review on it recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZt-M5_T5yc

Also, it looks like if you Like them on Facebook, you can pick any one of their plugins for free. Def worth looking at: http://www.plugandmix.com/nfr/

Still works.

Don't even know what I'll use it for, but I'm buyin it right now

P.S. This is a great deal too - $300 for Waves Gold, today only:

http://www.waves.com/lp/gold/gold.html
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd get it if I didn't have a lot of it already from various other bundles. I've found that, since I've started using Waves stuff, I use it almost exclusively.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Quote by katalyzt13
I do home recording and use REAPER as my DAW. I mic my amp and bass, and any additional instrumentation is done via VSTi's. I record anything from classic rock, new wave, grunge, metal, etc. I even mess around a little with hip hop. I have just rebuilt my computer and have previously only used free VST's, but want to find a bundle of some really good tools. I would like a bundle that contains at least basic EQ, Compression, Delay, Reverb and anything else is a plus. Preferably VSTs that are sidechain friendly. I don't know where to start because I've only used free VSTs previously. Price doesn't matter, I'll save as long as needed, so what VST bundle would you suggest?

Most of the popular DAWs give you a decent selection of plugins for mixing. I am not real accustom with Reaper but if it doesn't give you much to work with the waves plugins are good as was mentioned.
Quote by MatrixClaw

P.S. This is a great deal too - $300 for Waves Gold, today only:

http://www.waves.com/lp/gold/gold.html

you never pay full price for Waves stuff you just get in the mailing list and wait for the specials to come around LOL
Quote by T4D
you never pay full price for Waves stuff you just get in the mailing list and wait for the specials to come around LOL

+1

CT

Quote by T4D

Yep. Though, I'm pretty sure the WUP is more than $300 on Gold. That's the lowest I've ever seen it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
thanks, everybody - I've been researching since I've been getting suggestions on here - happy to hear any other suggestions!