What`s up dudes.
I`m looking for a nice chorus pedal for under 145 dollars.
I`ve looked at the Small Clone a little bit. I like the simplicity and the True Bypass.
What other pedals are worth looking into?
Dissonance is underrated.
True bypasss-Hardwire CE-7, Corona chorus. They do go under $145, but you'd only have about $5-$10 breathing room, so I'd check used. they're worth it either way IMO.
Buffered-Boss CE-5. used for $40-$60, new for $100.

Neither of these are one knob choruses, btw. They each have rate, depth, level, and some sort of EQ/Color knob(s).
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Apr 19, 2013,
To be honest I don`t really like the sound of the BOSS chorus pedals. I don`t know why.
The Corona Chorus seems pretty cool with the TonePrint feature.
It does have some more features than the Small Clone. It may be worth to pay some more for a chorus pedal since it is my favorite type of effect.

Does any of you have some experience with the Corona Chorus?
Quote by Lyrax
To be honest I don`t really like the sound of the BOSS chorus pedals. I don`t know why.
The Corona Chorus seems pretty cool with the TonePrint feature.
It does have some more features than the Small Clone. It may be worth to pay some more for a chorus pedal since it is my favorite type of effect.

Does any of you have some experience with the Corona Chorus?

you probably never tried a ce-2.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
you probably never tried a ce-2.

I haven`t found it in a local store but I´ve heard some Youtube videos of it.
Well many people do it and that means that it isn`t bad.
I`d rather try something else than Boss.
Does anyone of you have an opinion on the Liquid Chorus from Visual Sound?
my opinion is that the liquid sound is nowhere near as good as the ce-2.

if you really dont want a boss then.

(Invalid img)
mojostompboxes.com
Pretty sure that the VS and Jam are both CE-2 clones. Near everything is a CE-2 clone, TBH. At least current analog options.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
The small clone is amazing. I love it. Maybe check out the newer mxr chorus. But the small clone is the tits.
What's wrong with BOSS?

Just get a CE2.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Good Boss pedals are very good. Physically, they are built like a brick shithouse and super reliable. The ones that sound good too are gems. Not all Boss pedals are pieces of crap like a DS-1. The CE-2 is a fine pedal.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'd gig with a Boss board anyday. Their delays, reverbs and modulation rule.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Yeah, it's pretty much just their distortions that suck.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I disagree, I think everything boss makes is crap. For example, how could you compare the boss ph3 to a phase 90? All their delay and modulation sounds lifeless and sterile to me. That said, I think the small clone is an awesome choice or the mxr micro chorus.
Corona Chorus or CE-2. Only reason I am saying the CC is because of the TonePrint feature, and with the release of the TonePrint editor, you can make it sound however you like. Oh, and the Tri-Chorus setting is fun to mess around with too.

You can't go wrong with either.
Quote by mur268
I disagree, I think everything boss makes is crap. For example, how could you compare the boss ph3 to a phase 90? All their delay and modulation sounds lifeless and sterile to me. That said, I think the small clone is an awesome choice or the mxr micro chorus.

User error?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by mur268

i respect your opinion but you are wrong and i hate you.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by mur268

E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx

+1
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
I too remember when I thought MXR was boutique.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Cathbard
Good Boss pedals are very good. Physically, they are built like a brick shithouse and super reliable. The ones that sound good too are gems. Not all Boss pedals are pieces of crap like a DS-1. The CE-2 is a fine pedal.

+1 (and i don't even agree that the ds1 is complete crap )

if the ce2 is anything like my tonerider (which is a slightly tweaked clone, far as i'm aware), it's excellent.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I used to use the Boss Super Chorus, which I think was a "newer" yet less desirable CE2 clone, but after using it for years I got the Small Clone. Boss Chorus in my opinion is exactly what you want your chorus to sound like, and I didn't even use one of the ensemble ones which have been an industry standard since day 1, still. But...I dig the small clone too, I like it's simplicity and I do think it sounds good. So if you're considering the Small Clone you're in pretty good shape, but to agree with everyone else the Boss chorus is legit.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
yeah i mean the small clone is nice too, it's got a slightly different sound which some people prefer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gerraguitar
I used to use the Boss Super Chorus, which I think was a "newer" yet less desirable CE2 clone, but after using it for years I got the Small Clone. Boss Chorus in my opinion is exactly what you want your chorus to sound like, and I didn't even use one of the ensemble ones which have been an industry standard since day 1, still. But...I dig the small clone too, I like it's simplicity and I do think it sounds good. So if you're considering the Small Clone you're in pretty good shape, but to agree with everyone else the Boss chorus is legit.

not a clone. not nearly as good sounding as the CE-2.
mojostompboxes.com
I'm a fan of the MXR Analog Chorus. I avoid chorus pedals that don't have a blend control, but that's my personal requirement.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by mur268

i would compare a phase 90 to a boss ph-1r all day every day, and the ph-1r would kick it to death and inform its relatives via text message.
I have the MXR Analog Chorus and I like it... its probably not the best one around, but I don't use a Chorus that often so I decided to get one on the cheaper side (got it used in great shape for $60).
Visual Sounds Liquid Chorus.

Tends to get overlooked.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Meh, just buy an old Quadraverb. The chorus in that will kick all their arses - plus you get great reverb, delay and other shit thrown in for good measure. Add a couple of keyboards sustain pedals (or a MIDI controller if you want to do it professionally) and you're set to roll.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification