So I've just been through my first earthquake and it got me thinking, what is my best natural disaster story? Then I had an even better thought, what is everyone else's best natural disaster story?

Other than this earthquake, which was little more than a few seconds of gentle shaking, I haven't been through too many large scale disasters. The worst would have to be a hail storm that flooded the building I was staying in and caused something like $100m damage to the city.

Also, when I was 7 a tornado went right past my house but I wasn't there. I was playing hockey and all I knew was that the power went out and the other team left so we won. GO COMETS!

What's your most terrifying/hilarious/memorable story of natures wrath?
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Hurricane Sandy got one of my midterms last fall delayed by like two weeks.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
It rained really hard this one time.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
This one time we had a tornado and it knocked off a chimney in Bradford. Worst natural disaster in English history.

edit: Turns out it was in Birmingham and did £40m of damage Still, it knocked off some chimneys, that's about the extent of it.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Last edited by Trowzaa at Apr 19, 2013,
Felt the results of a few hurricanes, and I've felt a few minor earthquakes.

Funny story: There was an earthquake with its epicenter in Virginia a couple of years ago, and it was felt in the surrounding states. I was in Virginia, on the beach, and I didn't feel it at all. I had friends from home (Pennsylvania) asking me if I felt it, because they did.
Well, my county was in danger of tornadoes at one time, but it didn't happen. Other than that, just some bad hailing is all I can think of.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I slept through an earthquake that caused a tree to fall on our house.

I haven't really been in any natural disasters other than that. Unless you count floods but they went away after a few days and it happens every year. And I felt the earthquake that caused the 2004 tsunami and it made my xbox fall off the table.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I felt the earthquake that caused the 2004 tsunami and it made my xbox fall off the table.

I hope it wasn't damaged.
Quote by daytripper75
I hope it wasn't damaged.

It wasn't visibly damaged then but I did have to get it fixed for RROD a few months later.
cat
I went outside once and the wind blew me hair out of place.
After that day I keep it really tight. Not gonna risk that shit again.
Just hurricanes galore. Been through all the big ones in South Florida since 1990
My God, it's full of stars!
From living my life in New Jersey and Florida, we have some pretty bad ass hurricanes every few years. Nothing so strong that we needed to be evacuated (at least not in my immediate area) but I've seen winds strong enough to lift up a 50 pound table off the back deck and fling it across the yard.

I remember the blizzard of '96, I have a great picture of a 5-year old me standing next to a snow drift that was about 4 foot over my head.

I've never been through anything like a tornado or an earthquake yet. Just some nasty snow storms and hurricanes.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Last edited by stonyman65 at Apr 20, 2013,
I wasn't very far away from the April 2012 tornado.
Like seriously just a city away.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
it's like I make threads knowing they're gonna be shit but I make them anyway

Quote by kertets
Wire his sack to the electrical socket the next time, little fucker will be shootin lightening bolts all over the house.
Only thing I've experienced is a couple of tiny earthquakes.

The first one I was on my computer late at night and my floor just started moving for a few seconds.. I thought that was weird and kept doing what I was doing.

I slept through the second quake

such is life in Adelaide

EDIT:

ACTUALLY

I was in Lifou (south pacific island) when there was a Tsunami . We were in the water snorkelling when the French police came and warned us to get out of the water. Everyone freaked out and we had to trek to a church at the top of a huge cliff.

Was pretty intesne
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Last edited by N_J_B_B at Apr 20, 2013,
Quote by N_J_B_B

I was in Lifou (south pacific island) when there was a Tsunami . We were in the water snorkelling when the French police came and warned us to get out of the water. Everyone freaked out and we had to trek to a church at the top of a huge cliff.

Was pretty intesne

That must have been scary as hell! Tsunami ain't no joke
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.