Suppose there is guitar, and one connects it to amp. Now one connects amp's line-out to line-in of computer sound card. Would any recording software be able to record the sound of amp without sounding in a gibberish way?

So, is virtual amp necessary or unnecessary in recording this way?
You'll probably end up blowing something up with out proper equipment, so you're gonna need to get some proper input equipment. And you'll still need a virtual cabinet as else it'll sound awful.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
We have a sticky that tells you all about how you can go about recording yourself.

It tells you how bad an idea this is and provides information about the potential options for the type of equipment you need.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by ChemicalFire
And you'll still need a virtual cabinet as else it'll sound awful.

Well, it depends. I've heard some newer amps have cabinet simulation built into the line-out (just going on other people's words here). If it sounds all shrill and like this, then TS should look at the appropriate sticky for a cab sim. And yeah, while you're there, look at the sticky about interfaces.
No, you have to line out into interface for a good recording.
Look up "audio interface".
Quote by TwoPlusTwo
No, you have to line out into interface for a good recording.
Look up "audio interface".

Why do you think we told him to read the interfaces sticky?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Come to think of it, the quality of the built-in cabinet simulation is probably dubious at best, since it's intended for headphones, rather than professional recording.
Yup. They are normally awful. I mean my HT1 is a normally awesome practise amp... but listen to dat emulated output

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJewAJuodl8
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
That doesn't sound too bad imo
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!