I can't seem to figure out the tempo to this riff I made. It's in 5, with the 1 on the G, so the first two notes are pickup notes
https://soundcloud.com/ponce-khalid/riff

I just can't seem to find the tempo.
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Last edited by TDKshorty at Apr 20, 2013,
I can quite easily find a tempo, however at about 15 seconds you do just go completely out of time. Play along to a metronome to improve this
Quote by AJScott
I can quite easily find a tempo, however at about 15 seconds you do just go completely out of time. Play along to a metronome to improve this

I would play along with a metronome if I knew what the tempo is
just start at a random number, and play the riff over the metronome beat. Highten or lower the speed until its the same as the recording.

In this case its right under 170 (168-169). In the end you just fall slightly behind (if instead of that last note you would have done your pickup measure before beat 1).

I hope i'm not too confusing
Quote by jebbe9696
just start at a random number, and play the riff over the metronome beat. Highten or lower the speed until its the same as the recording.

In this case its right under 170 (168-169). In the end you just fall slightly behind (if instead of that last note you would have done your pickup measure before beat 1).

I hope i'm not too confusing

That's what I've been doing but I haven't been able to find it, I always fall off the beat.
I thought it was faster than around 150, so I'll try 168-169