Page 1 of 3
I've noticed that less threads are being made and replied to than before. Where there used to be maybe thread changes on the homepage every few hours, they seem to stay there for at least a day now.

Is it just refreshing less frequently or are less people on UG at the moment? I wouldn't be surprised if its to do with finals/exams etc.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Happens every exam season as you should expect. It'll pick up a bit in summer but really everyone will be out living. Wait until fall and all will be well
It's not just you. Traffic's been steadily declining for several years.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
But rock is makin a comeback

No idea. There only seems to be the known users and a few spambots/trolls at the moment. I haven't used UG enough or long enough to tell
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
Ive just come back to UG - I was previously active in 2007 and I think it's definitely got a lot slower. Frontpage (of the pit) used to be refreshed every few hours, especially around 5pm, when everyone got in from work.
Users come and go
Alas, all will be alright
UG will endure

~~~~~~ A haiku for UG ~~~~~~~
My God, it's full of stars!
Back in the day, there was a thread every week about "zomg there are 666 people viewing the Pit!!!1!!1".

And that was average. Doesn't seem to be close anymore.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Yeah, I see mainly the familiar users in the threads. I had noticed a slight decline in the past but nothing as much as this.

UG is my homepage and I click the home button to see new stuff rather frequently

Maybe it will pick up in summer. Apparently theres 221 viewing the Pit at the moment. Still seems quite a lot but yeah a lot less than 666

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by CaptainRon
The Pit is a piece of shit full of people thinking they're funny cause they can drop n-bombs and lame attempts at "trolling".

A good number of posters (like me) just stick to a few threads in order to not subject ourselves to the idiocy of most of the pit.

are we browsing the same forum?
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by leony03
I've noticed that less threads are being made and replied to than before. Where there used to be maybe thread changes on the homepage every few hours, they seem to stay there for at least a day now.

They changed the way they do that. It's no longer the newest threads. Wait, you seriously didn't notice that there are several threads that were made more recently than the ones on that list?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'm pretty sure they changed something about what threads show up on the front page because of all the spammers a while ago. It used to always show the newest 7 but I think it does something a little different now.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Also, the Pit slowed down but most of the genre forums just died completely lol.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
immensely.
used to be common for a thousand or more to be viewing the pit at any given time.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Wow. A thousand viewing the pit is a lot! I normally see it hovering around 220-300.
Craziness, this is.
It's because there's a dedicated thread for just about every single topic you can think of. To the point where it's fucking ridiculous. You name it, there's already a thread with 50,000 posts for you to get ignored in.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by BeefWellington
It's because there's a dedicated thread for just about every single topic you can think of. To the point where it's fucking ridiculous. You name it, there's already a thread with 50,000 posts for you to get ignored in.

This is the second reason
^^Agreed. I'm an avid gamer but I rarely venture into the gaming thread just because I know that if I bring up, say Hitman and they're talking about Starcraft II at the time, most likely ignored. I mainly go in there when some tech news like the PS4 is announced to see peoples opinions.

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by leony03
^^Agreed. I'm an avid gamer but I rarely venture into the gaming thread just because I know that if I bring up, say Hitman and they're talking about Starcraft II at the time, most likely ignored. I mainly go in there when some tech news like the PS4 is announced to see peoples opinions.

Which is a shame, because Starcraft is lame
Quote by Dimarzio45
Wow. A thousand viewing the pit is a lot! I normally see it hovering around 220-300.
Craziness, this is.

And half those assholes are probably guests now.

It used to be most of the assholes were members who were really dumb and vocal in threads about politics and religion that weren't confined to one thread and I could mock them relentlessly.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Which is a shame, because Starcraft is lame

I have never wished to play that game. My friend watches Twitch live streams all the time and I mean ALL the time. It does look pretty lame imo as well.

Quote by angusfan16
My Gear:

Fretless Squier P Bass
Ibanez SR400QM
Gallien Krueger 1001RB
Traynor TC410
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD-7
^ I have to show my friend that.

My guess is he will get super defensive.

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts

It used to be most of the assholes were members who were really dumb and vocal in threads about politics and religion that weren't confined to one thread and I could mock them relentlessly.

I've seen some people preach like that and it's pretty funny to watch UG'ers pounce on them like a pack of wolves. I genuinely enjoy watching it happen, when it does. Very entertaining.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Yes..

RIP Kensai :Sad:

In all seriousness, where the **** is Kensai?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts

I miss our mass mocks.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
While we're on a similar topic, have any of you guys ever noticed your profile stat numbers massively decrease one day and then the next day they go back up to where it was? That happened to me along with my friend count. I lost 3-4 friends and I'm pretty sure they didn't block/unfriend me.....
Eh this place has gotten kinda lame recently. The most exciting thing to happen in awhile was the van gundy thread.

I go back to my dorm and cry.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Dimarzio45
While we're on a similar topic, have any of you guys ever noticed your profile stat numbers massively decrease one day and then the next day they go back up to where it was? That happened to me along with my friend count. I lost 3-4 friends and I'm pretty sure they didn't block/unfriend me.....

I dont actually ever check my profile stats

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by leony03
I dont actually ever check my profile stats

Yeah I don't really care much about numbers of friends or stat numbers, I just happened to notice the dramatic change and it got me to wondering what the hell happened...
Quote by goest
In all seriousness, where the **** is Kensai?

I think he's doing expeditions or something? It's got something to do with his Archeology degree. I think so anyway. At least he's got shit going on.

Sure hope he comes back though.

The Pit needs a wee slice of Swedish Pie from time to time.

Also, how can we make The Pit more popular again?
Kensai was like the Father that kept order in the Pit.

Calling All The Pit's Musicians is a good way to keep the Pit alive. That does pretty well.

Apart from that, I can't think of anything

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by Philip_pepper
I think he's doing expeditions or something? It's got something to do with his Archeology degree. I think so anyway. At least he's got shit going on.

My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Philip_pepper
Also, how can we make The Pit more popular again?

Flying monkeys.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Page 1 of 3