Who remembers the good old days of Ask Van Hammersmith?
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Remember the name. Never read a single thing he's posted.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Read it once, was highly unamused.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by guitarist5477
Who remembers the good old days of Ask Van Hammersmith?

I do.

What happened to him after he quit Ask VH?
ayy lmao
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Remember the name. Never read a single thing he's posted.

Same here. Glad I'm not the only one.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Fun fact: Van Hammersmith is neither a van nor a hammersmith but in fact a clock.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I miss having van hammersmith and riot band blues. UGs front page used to be awesome
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
VH was a cool guy.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Never read him, however, I would argue that his columns are better than what currently occupies the main page.
Got repetitive towards the end, a big factor in him quitting I think. Every week he would answer a "I can't find anyone to jam with in my small town it sucks what should I do" question and the ask no one to send them and then he would keep answering them anyway.

Also, whatever happened to "It's the end of the week as you know it" or whatever it was called. That had some good moments
Given the fact that VH answered every question he got, despite it sometimes being one he answered before, and still being as entertaining as he was, can be concidered a great feat!
I, for one, miss reading his stuff every week!
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
It was great, especially the first 15 or so columns. Full of sarcasm and cool stories. Was the only thing I used to look after every week.

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

I got some great advice from Van Ham about going home and playing with my old band who now had a new guitarist. He actually wrote me back personally so I could get his advice without having to the wait for the Christmas article to post. Pretty cool.

Legend holds that VH and the illustrious Nolan Whyte are one and the same... That may only be a conspiracy theory...
I used to check UG every week (i think he posted once a week) just to see his column. Funny shit.
I should've just posted it as "if anyone remembers van hammersmith/also likes him and has read his posts" then I could've weeded out the "i remember but did not like him" or "i remember but never read it' replies
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quote by Trowzaa
Read it once, was highly unamused.

this
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
this

This to my this