Connecting multi-effect or effect pedals to amp hearing it by recording/headphone

One connects guitar to effect pedals to amp. If we hear the sound using headphone by line-out of amp, will the sound reflect effect pedals applied? I ask this question, because I heard that line-out of amps is basically virtual amp inside.
Last edited by collateral1 at Apr 21, 2013,
It will sound different through headphones anyway simply because the speakers that are used in headphones are different than the amp's speakers, and the acoustics of the room are not a factor in the sound when using headphones.

If you plug headphones into the mutli-effects unit, then you won't hear the amp's sound - it'll just be the effects pedal processing your guitar sound. If you plug it into the amp, you'll get the sound of the amp plus the effects unit.
My Current Gear
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Cherry Burst) || Gibson Les Paul Junior (Vintage Sunburst)
Marshall 1987X and 1960AX || Weber Mass 100
Fulltone OCD pedal || Ibanez TS-9 tube screamer || Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker || Boss AC2
Quote by collateral1
I ask this question, because I heard that line-out of amps is basically virtual amp inside.

Depends on the amp. Some have "Simulated Line-Outs" which simulate the sound of a speaker cabinet attached. I highly advise not doing this as the tone is less than desirable 99% of the time.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
A word of advice: since this thread is basically a follow-up to a previous one you posted, respond to the advic people give you in your other threads, instead of making a billion different ones. That way, we'll know if our advice helped, and can refine our suggestions if it didn't. Basic forum etiquette.