I want to get one of these 2 pedals But i dont know which one is better

Biyang Metal End King
&
Electro Harmonix Metal Muff With Top Boost

Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated
Neither.

What amp do you have? Metal distortions suck. Bar the Okko Dominator and most of the AMT pedals.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by HammerParty
Budget and genre of distortion you want? Also gear.

They're about the same price
You definitely need a new amp. I'm not trying to be a dick, but you will be really dissatisfied putting a metal distortion in front of that.

Save your cash for now.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by NakedInTheRain
all high-gain pedals will sound equally terrible through that.

can you suggest a cheap amp that will sound good?
Quote by CurtisF522
can you suggest a cheap amp that will sound good?

Define cheap.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Define cheap.

$100-200

what about a Line 6 Spider IV 15 15W 1x8 Guitar Combo Amp
found it online for $180
Nope, that's even worse.

Find a used Vypyr 15 or 30.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Nope, that's even worse.

Find a used Vypyr 15 or 30.

That Amp looks great. Would I even need a Distortion Pedal for it cause of the built in distortion?

Sorry if that was a dumb question
Quote by CurtisF522
That Amp looks great. Would I even need a Distortion Pedal for it cause of the built in distortion?

Sorry if that was a dumb question

Nope. The in built amp models are pretty nice.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Nope. The in built amp models are pretty nice.

Thanks for the help Mate
+1 Vypyr 30 will be way better than your current amp, and it will do a big variety of different tones for you.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Get a simple oldschool overdrive pedal and then put in any distortion pedal of your choice.
Quote by TwoPlusTwo
Get a simple oldschool overdrive pedal and then put in any distortion pedal of your choice.

^The worst advice of the century.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Quote by TwoPlusTwo

mate, are you serious?
Through a FUCkING SQUIER AMP?
Serious?

"Hi, my name's TwoPlusTwo and did you know that shitty little practice amps will all of a sudden be METAL AS FUCK if you stack a bunch of drive pedals in front of it!!! You should do it RIGHT NOW, screw all the sensible advice given in the thread already."

Get the Vypyr, ignore anything about pedals for a while until your needs begin to grow beyond what it can offer you.
Last edited by T7E at Apr 21, 2013,
Quote by T7E
mate, are you serious?
Serious?

"Hi, my name's TwoPlusTwo and did you know that shitty little practice amps will all of a sudden be METAL AS FUCK if you stack a bunch of drive pedals in front of it!!! You should do it RIGHT NOW, screw all the sensible advice given in the thread already.

Jeeez calm down...you'll give yourself a hernia for fukk's sake.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Apr 21, 2013,
I'm going to tell you something that nobody else has mentioned.

You want the pedal that sounds better?

"Better" is a subjective term. My better probably isn't the same as yours.

Go to a local guitar store and try these for yourself. Don't ask us to recommend the better of the two, because you'll get the same 19 responses you got before mine.
I don't really know much about the Biyang Metal End King, but I can tell you that the Metal Muff is only really good for certain styles.

If you want to go deeper...much deeper, then metal muff is a good option. But if you don't want a deep sound then you'd want something else.
Quote by KG6_Steven
I'm going to tell you something that nobody else has mentioned.

You want the pedal that sounds better?

"Better" is a subjective term. My better probably isn't the same as yours.

Go to a local guitar store and try these for yourself. Don't ask us to recommend the better of the two, because you'll get the same 19 responses you got before mine.

This is very much true. However in this case, I think the Vypyr would be much better. So many more sounds can be made from it. I had a metalcore pedal through a 15W amp and while it was good at first, I noticed over time that it really didnt sound amazing. Sounded decent through a big amp but not a small one. The Peavey will do metal decently enough and if you feel like going for a lighter less OD tone at some point down the line, this amp will be able to do it.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
If you just need distortion for the time being with your cheap beginner amp, grab a Danelectro FAB Metal pedal for 15 bucks. It won't sound superb, but it will at least provide distortion for the time being until you can actually save for a new amp, and won't impact your wallet as much.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
If you just need distortion for the time being with your cheap beginner amp, grab a Danelectro FAB Metal pedal for 15 bucks. It won't sound superb, but it will at least provide distortion for the time being until you can actually save for a new amp, and won't impact your wallet as much.

I used to use one of them, the little bugger failed on me after a year or so, but for the price you can't beat them.
Silverburst
Most of the time, if a pedal has the word "Metal" on it... chances is that it'll sound bad if you're lucky, if not it'll sound like a can of bees doing karaoke.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Most of the time, if a pedal has the word "Metal" on it... chances is that it'll sound bad if you're lucky, if not it'll sound like a can of bees doing karaoke.

I'm reminded of my Metal Zone pedal.....god I hated that thing.
Quote by Dimarzio45
I'm reminded of my Metal Zone pedal.....god I hated that thing.

I still hate the Zone from the deepest abyss of my mind.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Quote by Ian_the_fox

Never played it, but probably not a bad idea if you can't get a new amp right away.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by Eppicurt
You definitely need a new amp. I'm not trying to be a dick, but you will be really dissatisfied putting a metal distortion in front of that.

Save your cash for now.

X
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

Last edited by Maineguitarist at Apr 23, 2013,
Quote by T7E
mate, are you serious?
Serious?

"Hi, my name's TwoPlusTwo and did you know that shitty little practice amps will all of a sudden be METAL AS FUCK if you stack a bunch of drive pedals in front of it!!! You should do it RIGHT NOW, screw all the sensible advice given in the thread already."

Get the Vypyr, ignore anything about pedals for a while until your needs begin to grow beyond what it can offer you.

Calm down dude. Jesus...
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

TS - no worries man. we all go through it. i bought a line 6 spider 15. let me tell you. DONT DO IT !. DO. NOT. BUY. IT.

unfortunately, every increase in tone you want has a price tag associated with it. your amp is a majority of your tone. not your pedals, not your guitar. you of course, thats always 1st. but everything else is supplimentary to your amp. if there is 1 expensive thing you need to own, its a nice amp.

so what we mean is, putting nice pedals through a bad amp will help sorta, but not really that much. in a few months you will be posting on here again asking "what amp should i buy?"

most peoples recommendations are to buy the best amp you can afford if its 200, 300, 400 bucks. try and go for it if you are really into guitar.

vypers are solid starter amps. definitely moreso than your squier. roland cubes are ok too.

you can probably start getting into budget tube amps for the high 100s low 200s these days.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)