Hey guys, I currently have a 450 watt bass head designed to run at 4 ohms. I want to be able to buy one 4x10 cabinet for it now, and would like to be able to buy a second one for it later. Because of this, I was wondering if I would be able to get a single 8 ohm cab and run my head through that. I know that ideally I would want two 8 ohm cabs so that I get a total impedance of 4, but would it be possible to run into a single 8 ohm cab for the time being?
Originally posted by supersac
mmh no one has seen god...
no one has seen your penis...
...YOUR PENIS MUST BE GOD!
yes
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Yes it is. The only consequence of running your amp through an 8 ohm cab is that the total output of your amp will be reduced somewhat in between 30 to 50%. It means that your amp will be deilivering, with any 8 ohm cab, something between 225 and 350 watts. It won't do any damage to the head, nor to the cab, and if you use a cab (or cabs) with an 4 ohm impedance, you'll get the full power of your head. Was I clear enough? Hope this helps!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Yeah that definitely helps! I think I'll probably go with an 8 ohm cab then, so that way I can upgrade to two cabs when I get the money. Thanks for the help.
Originally posted by supersac
mmh no one has seen god...
no one has seen your penis...
...YOUR PENIS MUST BE GOD!